CBC All In A Day - Ottawa yesterday had some dude on talking about the situation at RIM and was out of control. Wild comparisons of the CEOs with the Allies in WWII etc. He also blasted the playbook saying that all the competition was light years ahead of the 'disaster'. It was at that point that I had to pull over and break out the angry thumbs. I sent this email to the show and they read it out so hopefully I was able to help some people keep the faith in the cause....

This is in response to your guest expert talking about RIM's service
    outage. I feel obliged to counter some of his claims regarding the
    company and it's current state. It seems that market experts and so
    called tech experts (read:bloggers) have an interest in generating
    business by trashing RIM. The reality is that the BlackBerry is still
    the world leader as a communication device. Granted it doesn't have
    the same number of apps as Apple or Android but what it does have is a
    unique and highly effective way of communicating accross the globe.
    Every company experiences service and equipment glitches as well as
    troubled product launches just ask anyone who had the first iPhone. As
    for the PlayBook tablet, it was launched early and lacked certain
    features but it also is an excellent device that has a very bright
    future, starting with a major overhaul in a couple of weeks. The
    gentleman failed to note that RIM is in the middle of a MAJOR
    transition to a whole new operating system. There will be bumps but be
    patient! BlackBerry is still the most realable and secure...don't be
    afraid to use a computer...remembr how?

Yes I typed it out on my playbook, using my 9900's mobile network...i just used the browser...amazing eh?
    kbz1960 and Delil like this.
    10-13-11 09:51 AM
    Jeez, the playbook really doesn't have autocorrect right? Your sending a e-mail to counteract something, at least you could have proofread it. Here, I'll help.

"Granted it doesn't have the same number of apps as Apple or Android but what it does have is a unique and highly effective way of communicating accross the globe" > Comma after but

Accross > Across

"Every company experiences service and equipment glitches as well as troubled product launches just ask anyone who had the first iPhone" > Comma after launches

Realable > Reliable

Remembr > Remember

I understand what you are trying to do and appreciate it very much. I am also a blackberry user and agree that what the analyst said was a little extreme. However, don't send a e-mail that is full of grammatical errors, as it conveys something to the reader that you really don't want.

Maybe resend that e-mail?
    10-13-11 10:48 AM
    Well as I said it lacks some features. As for the email, I did it on the side of the road with a three year old in the back. Also, the purpose was to get him to read it on the air, not post it on a forum so that others can critique my spelling and grammer....

Result: He read it and the message was delivered.
    10-13-11 03:54 PM
    Awesome.

Turned my ipad on for the os update.. PLayed for 10 minutes and put it back down lol.. 2nd time since april i turned it on... Back in the drawer again.
    10-13-11 04:30 PM
    Awesome.

Turned my ipad on for the os update.. PLayed for 10 minutes and put it back down lol.. 2nd time since april i turned it on... Back in the drawer again.
    Nice. My gf has the iPhone 4 and she got the update right away. Honestly I looked at it and the first thing I thought was, wow, its basically an update to catch up to the BBOS. Basic notifications etc. Sad thing is the drones will eat it up and make it their own.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by metz9444; 10-14-11 at 07:42 AM.
    10-13-11 05:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD