Wow, I just saw a brief talk about BB10 on CBC this morning (right before they went on about stocks) but everything said was incredibly positive. They threw up a list that compared BB10 to iPhone5 and outright stated with bullet points: "new BlackBerry browser is faster than the iPhone 5, voice command is better than Siri, more memory, higher resolution...only thing is Apple has a larger app selection BUT most of the popular apps (well-used apps) will be available in BB10."

Now that's a nice list to see. Soon people with iPhone won't have another thing to say about us BB users.

EDIT: I don't think they have a video clip for it but most of what was said can also be found in this article: http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/st...lackberry.html
    Last edited by DuexNoir; 01-22-13 at 08:40 PM.
    01-22-13 10:53 AM
    I need to start watching tv/listening to the radio more. It seems like the mainstream news sources are starting to report on BB10 with more frequency!
    01-22-13 10:59 AM
    I saw it too. It was short, but clear and to the point. BUT only a few items were discussed (as you mentioned), however, the whole thing was RIM postive and was a good sound bite (which is all news seems to be these days)......saw some good postive BB10 talk on BNN today too.
    01-22-13 11:03 AM
    01-22-13 11:25 AM
    Once BB10 hits for the Playbook, Peter Mansbridge will be laughing back at other broadcasters that laughed at him for using a PB :P
    spike12, robkd, alan510 and 1 others like this.
    01-22-13 11:34 AM
    wow, i just saw a brief talk about bb10 on cbc this morning (right before they went on about stocks) but everything said was incredibly positive. They threw up a list that compared bb10 to iphone5 and outright stated with bullet points: "new blackberry browser is faster than the iphone 5, voice command is better than siri, more memory, higher resolution...only thing is apple has a larger app selection but most of the popular apps (well-used apps) will be available in bb10."

now that's a nice list to see. Soon people with iphone won't have another thing to say about us bb users.
    eff ya ! Betches !!!!! Ruuubb it, lovve it !!!!
    robkd likes this.
    01-22-13 11:47 AM
    I just love being right :P
    01-22-13 11:55 AM
    Dude, i just listened the the BNN video. "BB10 is better than iOS and Android and there is nothing short term they can do about it" haha....SWEET!
    01-22-13 12:01 PM
    LOL at the guy on BNN video...when asked why BB10 is better, you can see it in his face that he knows a lot behind the scene stuff, so wants to say it badly, but can't because of NDA reason. Haha.

All this talk really builds up expectations and excitement but all that build-up makes me darn nervous about the debut. I'll be watching the unveiling on Jan. 30th with fear for the worse and hope for the best (like getting your exam back after a major test).
    01-22-13 02:54 PM
    The news here in USA need to do some reporting on BB10. Its the uninformed Americans that believe the world is just the USA is the ones that need convincing on the new BB10.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    lexsteryo likes this.
    01-22-13 03:00 PM
    Sucks to be on the outside that guy knows so much he's buzzed up he had to not say much.That lady straight up ''eh I want my keyboard I dont play that touch sh!t''.Just a couple days now shake it off.Pollit guy got sucked in they dont even post about tech lol.Couple days for good times.
    01-22-13 03:28 PM
    Anyone who thinks bb10 is going down is delusional. There is a huuuuge market outside north america and Europe.
    01-22-13 03:58 PM
    i tried to find a clip on utube , did u have a link for that ?
    01-22-13 04:12 PM
    LOL at the guy on BNN video...when asked why BB10 is better, you can see it in his face that he knows a lot behind the scene stuff, so wants to say it badly, but can't because of NDA reason. Haha. .
    Must be killing him to have to keep it piped up. Just 8 more days buddy. Then you can let it all out.
    01-22-13 04:22 PM
    This was a great find! Thank you. More and more positive things going in RIM'S favor. You can not deny a good thing, seems to be what a lot of reviewers are saying in so many words. What a way to start off a year with an incredible launch like the one we are all in for. Sounds like QNX is really going to be a winner for RIM. I bet it's going to leave other platform developers scratching their heads wondering what they are going to be able to do, to top that!
    01-22-13 04:29 PM
    bnn video player does not work for me from ur post ???
    01-22-13 04:31 PM
    I saw it too. It was short, but clear and to the point. BUT only a few items were discussed (as you mentioned), however, the whole thing was RIM postive and was a good sound bite (which is all news seems to be these days)......saw some good postive BB10 talk on BNN today too.
    Can anybody include a link? I want to watch it and savor the moment. Thanks.
    thekidshop likes this.
    01-22-13 04:46 PM
    BNN video player works great for me on my imac
    01-22-13 06:53 PM
    If this guy didn't widen his eyes so much and look a bit cuckoo I would have believed him.
    Ok I'm just kidding, I can't wait anymore I'm going to meltdown.
    01-22-13 07:57 PM
    BNN video works great on this Z10 I have from my employer

No questions, please... NDA....
    canuckvoip likes this.
    01-22-13 08:25 PM
    Oh man, I can tell he Is just bursting to tell evvvvvvvverything. Come on week pass through fast!!!
    01-22-13 08:27 PM
    BNN video works great on this Z10 I have from my employer

No questions, please... NDA....
    You broke NDA by even admitting you had one. Assuming, you really do. lol.
    01-22-13 08:30 PM
    Just a little... hoping that much can be forgiven.
    canuckvoip likes this.
    01-22-13 08:32 PM
    Oh man, I can tell he Is just bursting to tell evvvvvvvverything. Come on week pass through fast!!!
    Not only was his expression saying he wants to divulge it all but he's also looking at the anchors like "It's so frustrating how you guys really don't get how awesome this thing really is!"

I don't think they have the video clip for this morning's news but I found an article that pretty much summarized what was said during that brief talk I mentioned in the first post. RIM ready for battle in smartphone war, analyst says - Technology & Science - CBC News (Add: Looking at some of the comments below the article, looks like many Android users may switch to BB...iPhone users may be harder to switch over).
    01-22-13 08:41 PM
    Not only was his expression saying he wants to divulge it all but he's also looking at the anchors like "It's so frustrating how you guys really don't get how awesome this thing really is!"

I don't think they have the video clip for this morning's news but I found an article that pretty much summarized what was said during that brief talk I mentioned in the first post. RIM ready for battle in smartphone war, analyst says - Technology & Science - CBC News (Add: Looking at some of the comments below the article, looks like many Android users may switch to BB...iPhone users may be harder to switch over).
    I read that article you linked and it looks like a lot of those are old BlackBerry die hards and are just aching to come back home. RIM throw them a freaking rope here and reel them in!
    01-22-13 11:18 PM