Well I officially deleted both my CBC BB News App today which is no longer being supported. The new app which I have tried keeps getting hung up for what ever reason. So I now support CTV news app, which seems to work very nicely on my Z10.

I did write to CBC via email, still waiting for a reply, perhaps Marketplace would like to do a half hour segment on why BlackBerry uses are getting the shaft!!!.

Still I have Coronation Street, to console myself with knowing that my tax $$ are well spent.
    02-15-15 01:52 PM
    02-15-15 01:59 PM
    There are hundreds of misdirected, so futile, complaints, disguised as " reviews" of the disappearing app, on BlackBerry World. Nobody there likes the website or the android app. They all say the website sucks ( except maybe some suspected CBC IT guys reviewing). What bothers everyone is that the CBC BlackBerry app was a beautiful native app. Now, while dropping BB10, CBC are bragging up their iOS and Android apps. USA today, NYT, and WSJ all maintain BB10 apps so why cannot CBC? But one can see that CBC will not cave on this unless they get bad publicity or the CRTC forces them.

TCB on Z10
    02-15-15 02:50 PM
    Well I officially deleted both my CBC BB News App today which is no longer being supported. The new app which I have tried keeps getting hung up for what ever reason. So I now support CTV news app, which seems to work very nicely on my Z10.

I did write to CBC via email, still waiting for a reply, perhaps Marketplace would like to do a half hour segment on why BlackBerry uses are getting the shaft!!!.

Still I have Coronation Street, to console myself with knowing that my tax $$ are well spent.
    Good work Stevie... although I don't understand the coronation Street thing....

Posted via CB10
    02-15-15 02:53 PM
    There are hundreds of misdirected, so futile, complaints, disguised as " reviews" of the disappearing app, on BlackBerry World. Nobody there likes the website or the android app. They all say the website sucks ( except maybe some suspected CBC IT guys reviewing). What bothers everyone is that the CBC BlackBerry app was a beautiful native app. Now, while dropping BB10, CBC are bragging up their iOS and Android apps. USA today, NYT, and WSJ all maintain BB10 apps so why cannot CBC? But one can see that CBC will not cave on this unless they get bad publicity or the CRTC forces them.

TCB on Z10
    The cbc BlackBerry 10 app was great. Wish I could now cut off my share of the cbc taxes I pay.

Posted via CB10
    scmcc16 likes this.
    02-15-15 02:56 PM
    Good work Stevie... although I don't understand the coronation Street thing....

Posted via CB10
    I didn't either. Until I started thinking that the OP may be saying that CBC is publicly funded but gets no joy. And that he at least can see the fruits of his taxpayer dollars in the revamp of the street he mentioned? IDK.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-15 02:58 PM
    Actually, I was being trying to be sarcastic to the street reference. I should be quiet as I know that the CBC has most loyal followers of the street. It's one of their highest watched programs.
    02-15-15 03:40 PM
    Actually, I was being trying to be sarcastic to the street reference. I should be quiet as I know that the CBC has most loyal followers of the street. It's one of their highest watched programs.
    Corrie is the best!

Posted on my Z30.......while on the can
    02-15-15 07:44 PM