Actually, having learned on a Sidekick, multitasking was a pretty big deal when it was time for me to switch devices! But I agree with you about those that spout off this "true multitasking" rhretoric. I'm convinced that most of the time they don't even know what that means, or the multitasking abilities of other platforms. They just think it sounds good . They can call it "true" multitasking, "real" multitasking, "actual" multitasking, or "skunkbutt" multitasking. All that matters to me is that I can be writing an email, jump out of there to look something up in the browser, copy info, switch the track in my music player, jump back to my spot in the email I was writing, paste the info, send the email, and jump back into my maps app that has been tracking my walking route to a certain destination.

/sorry for the off topic dive
    Actually, I don't disagree with you.

My apologies also to the OP. I don't want to turn this into yet another "true multitasking" thread - there are enough of those already - so I'll quickly say this...

Once you've used any multitasking OS, I doubt you'd want to go back to serially invoking programs. However, what causes me to roll my eyes is the frequent references to "True multitasking" ... which only BB10 can offer... as if the multitasking provided by other OS's is flawed and unworthy of comparison.

And now, back to your scheduled programme...
    pantlesspenguin and mikeo007 like this.
    08-09-13 01:59 PM
    Yup, I was joking.

Text only, without verbal cues, added to my British sense of humour... sometimes make for miscommunication on forums... and in some of my emails too.

I am continually astonished at how often "True Multitasking" is mentioned (in suitably hushed and reverential tones) on these forums.

Though I'm beyond astonishment when I realise that those people genuinely seem to believe that multitasking actually matters to any average punter seeking to buy a phone.

Has anyone ever, in the entire history of the world, walked into a phone-shop and demanded of the salesguy: "sell me the phone with the best multitasking...and make it snappy! And don't try and palm me off with ordinary multitasking... I only want that TRUE multitasking!"?
    One of those things that one doesn't value until one has it. Thus having learnt the value of it, one makes it

autocorrect's for the birds -- SQN100-2. v10.2.0.1047
    08-10-13 12:37 PM
    First off, trimming fat and top executives leaving are two very different things.

Secondly..if you honestly believe that finally now BlackBerry has learned their mistake and are going to try to keep up with specs..then I have some bridges to sell you. BlackBerry has had years to show they are going to keep pace with the competition..and time and time again they fail miserably at it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    These events remind me of an alligator doing a death roll on its prey to kill it by drowning.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    08-11-13 04:51 AM
    I kinda think he was joking .
    I know he was joking. That was my way of emphasizing his point. Sorry JeepBB for the miscommunication.
    JeepBB likes this.
    08-11-13 09:55 AM
    Funny how you seem to be negative about everything BBRY, yet you consistently show upon this site to comment. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you have to have glowing comments about BBRY every time you post....but seriously. You remind me of someone that drives a car that he hates, complains about it every day, but refuses to either just accept it or go buy a new one. We all get that BBRY has screwed the pooch on more than one occasion ...it is run by humans... NEWSFLASH...humans aren't perfect....with the exception of you apparently.
    08-28-13 12:37 PM
130 ... 456