Has anyone seen the CB10 app on the iPhone. I love my Q10 and Z30 and while I won't get into why strongly believe the Z30 is the best phone on the market.

Back to my point, I've used and seen the CB10 App on the iPhone it's got some cool features the BlackBerry is missing, unless it's user error. For example, on the iPhone version when you open there's a tab at the bottom that shows you a list of time you've been mentioned on quoted in the thread. I can't seem to find this on my Q10 or Z30.

Posted with my Q10 on Verizon from Philly
    02-01-14 02:35 AM
    There are several features that the CB10 app for Android has that BB doesn't have, either. It is being worked on, but progress is slow.
    02-01-14 02:58 AM
    Excuse my ignorance but why does the CB app for iOS and Android have more features than the one for BB? Am I missing something here?

Z10
    02-01-14 04:39 AM
    Excuse my ignorance but why does the CB app for iOS and Android have more features than the one for BB? Am I missing something here?

Z10
    X2........

Posted via CB10
    02-01-14 05:36 AM

Z10
    +1

Not enough market share.

Posted via my Z30.
    02-01-14 07:03 AM
    My guess is because those apps were made before ours were. We were using BB7 when they had our versions of the crackberry app.

The only way I can see Kevin making this up to us is if he adds a holographic swiss army knife that pops out on command when you press a button into his next update.

Get to it!

Posted via CB10
    anon(5906760) likes this.
    02-01-14 08:21 AM

Z10
    I certainly wouldn't call it, it ignorance Buddy...it's exactly why I posed the question and made it clear I'm a BlackBerry guy with 2 BlackBerry 10 phones I use daily. It's actually cool on the iPhone when you open the app and it immediately says, "x8x88s1 commented on your post in the I just got my Z30 Thread". You click on it and pops write in to what they said from your quote. It really is a neat feature. Hope they bring here, it literally changes the whole way you have conversations with specific people within a thread.

02-01-14 08:40 AM

Z10
    Ironic isn't it?

At least we can sideload the android version right on our devices now thanks to 10.2.1 lol

Posted via CB10
    02-01-14 08:54 AM
    Id guess it's because they have been in development longer? Not sure though. I would expect each app have the same features across the board to keep it familiar for a greater overall user experience.
    02-01-14 08:56 AM
    #YOLO

Posted via my Z30.
    anon(5906760) likes this.
    02-01-14 08:59 AM
    So now I've downloaded the Android CB Forums app to my BB and I'm using it to reply in a thread about iOS CB app....huh?

Yea..this Android CB Forums app certainly gives a different experience when viewing the forums. As to my opinion whether it's better or not, I would have to spend some time using it.

Sent from my Z10 using CB Forums mobile app
    02-01-14 09:25 AM
    I said the same thing in a thread a while ago. It's a better app on the iPhone especially. Seems odd but oh well.
    02-01-14 09:42 AM
    It's running pretty choppy on my z10 but I'm almost willing to look past that because of the dark theme.

propeller10 likes this.
    02-01-14 09:58 AM
    So now I've downloaded the Android CB Forums app to my BB and I'm using it to reply in a thread about iOS CB app....huh?

Yea..this Android CB Forums app certainly gives a different experience when viewing the forums. As to my opinion whether it's better or not, I would have to spend some time using it.

I guess "better" is a subjective stance. In some ways it's not in my mind. I just like the one feature where if someone mentions or quotes you, it tells you...that's really all. Other than that, like I said it's a sacrifice worth having to rock a BlackBerry 10 device.

02-01-14 12:31 PM
    To clarify, there are different versions of the the CrackBerry depending on which platform you're using.

CB10 is unique to BlackBerry 10. The CrackBerry app for iOS is a custom version of Tapatalk. The CrackBerry app on Android appears to be based off the Android Central app. They've done the same thing with the iMore and Windows Phone Central app on Android as well.
    02-01-14 06:56 PM
    I love this app as much as the next person of course, but always suffer from serious memory usage from it

There needs to be a way to clear the cache on it. I have to keep deleting and re installing it every few days once it starts climbing

Posted via CB10
    02-01-14 07:57 PM
    I love this app as much as the next person of course, but always suffer from serious memory usage from it

There needs to be a way to clear the cache on it. I have to keep deleting and re installing it every few days once it starts climbing

Posted via CB10
    Can you elaborate. I'm new to this. What should I look for and how do fix it?

02-01-14 09:56 PM
    To clarify, there are different versions of the the CrackBerry depending on which platform you're using.

CB10 is unique to BlackBerry 10. The CrackBerry app for iOS is a custom version of Tapatalk. The CrackBerry app on Android appears to be based off the Android Central app. They've done the same thing with the iMore and Windows Phone Central app on Android as well.
    That makes total sense with respect to Tapatalk I knew the feature was familiar. Thanks for clarifying.

02-01-14 10:02 PM
    Can you elaborate. I'm new to this. What should I look for and how do fix it?

Actually, my mistake. It is under storage. The CB app takes up 35.7 MB, which to me is a lot. There is no way of clearing the cache like you can when you use the browser etc. It starts off much lower then that initially, and then as the days progress, it goes up pretty high. It is one of the highest readings under storage. At least on my device it is. So in short, this means it is taking up a lot of my 16g storage on my Z10
    02-02-14 12:33 AM