I live in the Chicagoland area, and on the local sports radio stations they often talk about meatballs. A meatball is a fan who thinks that a team can do no wrong and that if you complain about something wrong with the team then you are a complete *****.

For example: Think Cutler isn't an elite quarterback? Go back to Detroit you traitor garbage! Think Rose should've played in the playoffs? Screw you, you're probably on LeBron's payroll!

Unfortunately, it seems whenever I turn to the forums and see a thread where someone talks about a problem they had with BB10 or why they opted to go with Android, iOS, or Windows, they get attacked by BlackBerry meatballs. You're either too dumb to operate the OS, or too dumb to realize that BB10 is great.

Calling people trolls or idiots for getting an iPhone of S4 isn't going to encourage anybody to give the OS a shot. You can root for a platform and still point out it's faults. In the last CrackBerry Podcasts Blaze, Umi, and Kevin all expressed some disappointments they've had with the device design, software situation, and the companies marketing plan.

Dismissing the complaints of people who are struggling or who have jumped ship won't make BlackBerry better, so stop doing it.
    07-28-13 01:55 PM
    There are certainly a few, but that's what the triangle button is for.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-13 01:57 PM
    I ask you this, OP: is it that extraordinary to find said meatballs on a fan forum? Would you walk into Soldier Field and expect not to find staunch Bears fans, some of whom, yes, may be blind to all faults of their team?
    web99, Just Me, jaydee5799 and 4 others like this.
    07-28-13 02:03 PM
    I'll take mine in a sub to go.
    ATMJOE and shaleem like this.
    There are certainly a few, but that's what the triangle button is for.
    It's more than a few, I read a thread today that was 2/3s comments ala this:
    My point being that my 7yr old can use the Z10 effortless because he watched me a few (using the Z10) times
    That's not helping.
    Djlatino likes this.
    Lol there are indeed a few - and equally a few intelligent types.

What do you call them?

I'd say pasta but that's lame and I can't think of anything better as I'm in the sun with some expensive wine and... that's all!

:-)

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Q10
    anon(5624621) likes this.
    I ask you this, OP: is it that extraordinary to find said meatballs on a fan forum? Would you walk into Soldier Field and expect not to find staunch Bears fans, some of whom, yes, may be blind to all faults of their team?
    Just because others are doing it doesn't make it okay.
    millerliteboy, lorax1284 and jegs2 like this.
    07-28-13 02:04 PM
    Just because others are doing it doesn't make it okay.
    Wasn't what I said. I said: is it that out of the ordinary?
    Carl Estes likes this.
    07-28-13 02:06 PM
    Wasn't what I said. I said: is it that out of the ordinary?
    Does acknowledging that it's not out of the ordinary make it less of a problem?
    millerliteboy likes this.
    07-28-13 02:10 PM
    It's more than a few, I read a thread today that was 2/3s comments ala this:

That's not helping.
    I agree it's unhelpful. I actually don't think there are a LOT of trolls (both pro and anti-BB), it's just that they are loud and frequent posters.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-13 02:13 PM
    Does complaining about a reality that you cannot change fix the problem?

if it really bothers you that much, post opposing, accurate facts when you have them, or as em said, use the 'report post' button.
    Bobcat665 and RoboticGolem like this.
    07-28-13 02:13 PM
    Every one has an opinion even though it is blind. As for you , you don't like people blindly defend BB then that's your opinions, they aint violating any of the forum rules anyway. Your "opinion" on their "opinion" is a great way to start flaming thread. Cheers mate !!! we all love technology
    07-28-13 02:15 PM
    Does complaining about a reality that you cannot change fix the problem?

if it really bothers you that much, post opposing, accurate facts when you have them, or as em said, use the 'report post' button.
    So if I don't like it I should either research and write a dissertation on it or shut up and get out?
    07-28-13 02:19 PM
    Get used to it, it is the tried and true tactic of excusing bad behavior by pointing to other and equally bad behavior. Simple minded but that's the world we live in.
    07-28-13 02:23 PM
    So if I don't like it I should either research and write a dissertation on it or shut up and get out?
    If posting countering facts on a tech forum really requires you to "research and write a dissertation," yeah--you do that.
    AngryEdmontonian likes this.
    07-28-13 02:25 PM
    If posting countering facts on a tech forum really requires you to "research and write a dissertation," yeah--you do that.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...mobile-832774/

I question how I can post countering facts when you haven't made a point, but as an example of what I'm talking about, look how they destroy this guy for not being able to figure out BB10.
    07-28-13 02:30 PM
    In before the lock!

This thread is going to be good! (While it lasts)
    07-28-13 02:34 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...mobile-832774/

I question how I can post countering facts when you haven't made a point, but as an example of what I'm talking about, look how they destroy this guy for not being able to figure out BB10.
    Again, if it crosses a line, use the report button. If it doesn't, like AG said--accept the reality of it, and move on.

Oh...one more thing I forgot to add, and I don't think anyone else has: the ignore user feature. If someone's postings habitually offend you or for whatever other reason, you can choose to add them to an ignore list. It's not a perfectly implemented feature, but it's a step in the right direction.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    07-28-13 02:35 PM
    Again, if it crosses a line, use the report button. If it doesn't, like AG said--accept the reality of it, and move on.

Oh...one more thing I forgot to add, and I don't think anyone else has: the ignore user feature. If someone's postings habitually offend you or for whatever other reason, you can choose to add them to an ignore list. It's not a perfectly implemented feature, but it's a step in the right direction.
    This isn't about me being offended. It's about scaring people off the platform. Do you think a new user with a problem is going to use those tools while he's trying to solve his issue?
    07-28-13 02:40 PM
    This isn't about me being offended. It's about scaring people off the platform.
    You're making a couple of assumptions here:

1. People who are evaluating BB10 as a platform visit CB.com in significant numbers (in which case you're giving CB wayyy too much credit ) and,
    2. These people, who are evaluating BB10 as a platform as so thin skinned that they will be offended by someone's opinion on the internet, and will put other people's opinions over their needs/whatever attracted them to BB10 in the first place.
    EchuOkan1, Omnitech and Bobcat665 like this.
    07-28-13 02:57 PM
    OP, agree with you. They are all over, not just here. This is one of the biggest challenges facing social media in this day and age. Check this out: Calls for Twitter to get tough on abuse | News24

"London - Twitter, the social media site, is under pressure in Britain to make it easier for internet users to report abuse after more than 30 000 people petitioned it over the case of a feminist campaigner who says she was repeatedly threatened with rape.
    Twitter's General Manager for the UK Tony Wang promised to suspend all accounts found to be in breach of its rules.
    "We take online abuse seriously," he wrote, saying the company was testing ways to simplify reporting of abuse."
    07-28-13 03:01 PM
    You're making a couple of assumptions here:

1. People who are evaluating BB10 as a platform visit CB.com in significant numbers (in which case you're giving CB wayyy too much credit ) and,
    2. These people, who are evaluating BB10 as a platform as so thin skinned that they will be offended by someone's opinion on the internet, and will put other people's opinions over their needs/whatever attracted them to BB10 in the first place.
    No. I'm assuming that people having a problem will Google it and be sent to CrackBerry forums for some help. That is how I found CrackBerry years ago when I was trying to figure out my 8830. And those people are going to find insults where they want help.
    anon(4044683) and jegs2 like this.
    07-28-13 03:10 PM
    @mikr009876: I understand the point you are trying to make but you are doing so with a massive false equivalency. People arguing about smartphones and OS's does not in any way rise to the level of abuse cited in your example.
    07-28-13 03:14 PM
    @mikr009876: I understand the point you are trying to make but you are doing so with a massive false equivalency. People arguing about smartphones and OS's does not in any way rise to the level of abuse cited in your example.
    Point taken. No harm intended.
    amazinglygraceless likes this.
    07-28-13 03:23 PM
    Your choice.
    07-28-13 03:27 PM
139 123 ...