10-20-11 07:28 PM
    Interesting article. Thanks for the link. I think iCloud will end up being a bit of a headache for Apple. Maybe Apple needs their version of BB Balance
    10-20-11 08:43 PM
    bb protect is technically cloud isnt it? i think there will be more coming in the way of the cloud for RIM.
    10-20-11 09:07 PM
    bb protect is technically cloud isnt it? i think there will be more coming in the way of the cloud for RIM.
    BBProtect is not allowed on BES, BES admin's has fine grained control over the BB phones and that is something which is above and beyond the competition. What they demoed at Devcon on the playbook is simply a great thing for an enterprise, everything is branched out including the App World.
    10-20-11 09:31 PM
    Businesses that want to use iPhones but are really concerned about security would be using something like Good Link which does not allow corporate data to be stored in the Cloud. Less concerned companies would probably use MS Exchange. That data doesn't get synced over iCloud either (I am not sure if it gets backed up though).
    Accidental Post likes this.
    10-20-11 09:31 PM
    Not to worry: Apple has a very strained relationship with enterprise customers. The minute something happens and data isn't secured they'll pull out the old "it's a consumer device" card and blow it off. And yeah, that's gonna be an eye opener for a lot of businesses.
    10-21-11 07:25 AM
    AD thats what we use in the Hospital.
    10-21-11 07:28 AM
    My company allows the use of iPhones and iPads, but has a strict policy of not permitting use of iCloud.

Of course, we are the largest security company in the world, so we are pretty strict on security. No restrictions on our Blackberries.....
    10-21-11 08:31 AM
    You don't NEED bb protect on phones attached to BES. It handles all that and all your contacts, emails etc are already on the server and can re-push them if your phone is lost etc.
    10-21-11 11:30 AM
    I seriously doubt we see many enterprise level businesses allow their data to be stored on iCloud servers. Apple servers are governed by the circa 1986 Electronic Communications Privacy Act which allows the government to access emails and other data stored online for longer than 6 months without a warrant. Most companies and quite a few informed consumers will not want their confidential data to be at risk due to some ill-advised, warrantless investigation.

There seems to be quite a few of cloud privacy/security articles written lately, but here is today's example from Wired: Aging �Privacy� Law Leaves Cloud E-Mail Open to Cops
    ECPA allows the government to obtain, without a warrant, any content stored in the cloud � such as files in a Dropbox account, if it�s older than six months. It goes without saying that there was no such thing as cloud-storage services available for the average Joe Sixpack when Reagan was president. Now those services have become mainstream, yet the Reagan-era law applies.

For instance, Apple�s new iCloud storage service came out last week. In another six months, consumers� data stored on iCloud will begin to be up for grabs and become accessible to the government via its subpoena power, absent a court warrant.

And that�s how the administration wants it.
    10-21-11 01:39 PM
    I was talking to a vendor I deal with for networking equipment today about FIPS for a device I'm waiting on and he asked me how I like my Playbook. I said I'm still waiting on a few things but its good and is FIPS approved. I was then told that the iPad recently failed FIPS testing and that Apple re-submitted a new build a couple weeks after failing and the rumor is they addressed the issues that caused them to fail and they are expected to pass this time around. If Apple gets FIPS approval for the iPad, then the iPhone isn't far behind, and then RIM will be in a world of shiz because govies have been begging to use iOS devices. RIM has not made the Playbook useful for business/government and they haven't released a phone that people truly are asking to use and BBX appears to be a ways off. A lot of IT organizations in the government just want FIPS as a CYA and if a product has it then they can say they followed the guidelines and push it out. Blackberry is the only phone that meets that now, but if that changes they are going to lose business. RIM needs to get the new stuff out and make it so great people want to use them as both business and personal devices, not just be made to take them because they are the only thing approved. Anyway wanted to share what I heard and if RIM is listening you better hurry the f up with this transition because your lock is about to be undone.
    10-21-11 03:24 PM
    After the security blunders with the iP4s (Google Siri Unlock iPhone 4s) and iPad 2 (Google Magnet Unlock iPad2) my company has never and never will allow anything made by Apple connect to its servers.
    10-21-11 04:08 PM
    After the security blunders with the iP4s (Google Siri Unlock iPhone 4s) and iPad 2 (Google Magnet Unlock iPad2) my company has never and never will allow anything made by Apple connect to its servers.
    It is NOT a security flaw. It is a setting. You can make it so you can't access Siri if the passcode lock is on.

Why do people not understand this?
    Accidental Post likes this.
    10-21-11 04:23 PM
    avt because they are grasping at anything to make them feel better......:roll eyes: Check out the new sig........

Someone said some guy with 4000 or so posts doesn't even belong here....I was like if that's me I appreciate the shout out...damn fools don't even recognize we were on CB before they knew what a BB was...
    avt123 likes this.
    10-21-11 04:27 PM
    It really is true. People need to learn how to read everything. This is how misinformation is spread. iOS is not the most secure OS, but people need to stop making things up.

Learn to read the details. Once again, this is not a security flaw.

And again, this is not a security flaw.

Maybe since I said it a few times it will be unavoidable to read.

Oh yea, it's not a security flaw..
    10-21-11 04:32 PM
    Nahhh you are a TROLL.....
    10-21-11 04:33 PM
    Shut up fanboy.
    10-21-11 04:36 PM
    Touche......
    10-21-11 04:42 PM
    Ahhh... iphone users trying to provoke a ban

Cool it or weekend off!!!
    10-21-11 04:43 PM
    I'm not trying to provoke any ban. I was kidding with AP.

Sorry for trying to keep misinformation from being spread.

9000 ftw.
    10-21-11 04:46 PM
    I seriously doubt we see many enterprise level businesses allow their data to be stored on iCloud servers. Apple servers are governed by the circa 1986 Electronic Communications Privacy Act which allows the government to access emails and other data stored online for longer than 6 months without a warrant. Most companies and quite a few informed consumers will not want their confidential data to be at risk due to some ill-advised, warrantless investigation.

There seems to be quite a few of cloud privacy/security articles written lately, but here is today's example from Wired: Aging �Privacy� Law Leaves Cloud E-Mail Open to Cops
    From what I recall, BB isn't above the law neither. The London riot arrests were made because police were asked and were allowed to tap into BBM for evidence to make arrests.
    10-21-11 05:15 PM
    For personal use maybe.
    Very much doubt any hospital worth its salt allows staff to keep patient details or access hospital files off any iOS device.
    Glad to say mine doesnt. Only BlackBerries allowed and theyre bringing in Playbooks for 2012. I have a feeling we wont be the only ones.
    recompile likes this.
    10-21-11 05:52 PM
    That's what good for enterprise dies. Read what adgrant posted. Pebkac!
    10-21-11 06:01 PM
    Yes, I think we talked about it a while ago ...
    10-21-11 06:11 PM
    Yep we did
    10-21-11 06:13 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD