Ok. Seriously. Why is it that every time someone mentions a poor functioning app, there are number of people that take the time to announce that they don't use or don't care about that app?

If you don't use nor care about it just stfu and move along!

Obviously other people DO care and that is why they are writing about it. Case and point is the Facebook app for bb10. It has some glaring issues. If BlackBerry is going to build and release an app, especially a highly used one, they should be ensuring that it is the best that it can be. Lots of people provide mainly positive feedback but it pains me to see so many others taking the time and effort to point out that it doesn't apply to them personally and therefore all others shouldn't be concerned. A similar argument can be made about missing apps such as Netflix etc.

Rant = Concluded

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 07:33 PM
    This thread worked ok for me! I opened it up and read it just fine! (that was a joke)
    leafnstion44 and mikeo007 like this.
    04-24-13 07:42 PM
    Nice lol

Posted via CB10
    pkcable likes this.
    04-24-13 07:45 PM
    Because all they do is criticize everything. "Z10 sucks, no Netflix" is not a valid comment, and thus deserves its poster to be torn to shreds.

What your little rant fails to point out is that a lot of these posts come from people who only are posting for the first time or close to it, and thus come off as trolling, or trying to incite reactions. And the BlackBerry user community has had enough of that. I don't see anything wrong with tearing them a new one if they deserve it.

Finally, yeah, it's not cool when someone looking for actual help gets ragged on, so I understand that.

Having said all that, I don't agree with you in saying that we as users are defending BlackBerry when they don't deserve it. Fact is, if someone says that Facebook sucks and in turn 50 people say that they don't care that it does, then it looks like the majority DOESN'T care... period. In that case it looks like someone failed to do their research before jumping on a platform that just launched. If I knew and wasn't okay with that fact, then I wouldn't switch.

It's easy to be an armchair critic. How about the people you are defending start by posting suggestions, things that they would like to see instead of just stating something blows. Ridiculous.

Also, a personal pet peeve of mine since I'm here. Let's have those same people stop beginning their posts with "Not to be a troll/hater or As a long time BlackBerry user... 'insert bullsh** here'"

Talk to me if they change and things continue to be the same... highly doubt it.

"Rant over"

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 09:36 PM
    This forum has definitely taken a turn for the worse. For me it's been enough of a negative change that I no longer frequent the forums as much as I used to. I still check the blog multiple times a day but there are days that I don't visit the forums at all. I don't know what's wrong with people, it seems like common sense and respect for others has flown out the Window.

<end rant>

Posted via CB10
    mikeo007 likes this.
    04-24-13 10:05 PM
    We need help folks we have a small moderation staff with a very large job. Couple of things you can do to help. Don't respond, if you find something offensive, just move along there are plenty of other threads to read and enjoy. And if it's THAT bad you can use our report function and our ignore function. To report use the ! in triangle icon on the upper right of the post. To ignore the poster, click on their name to bring up their profile popup, then click on Forum Profile, then Add to Ignore list. (This must be done from a PC or from the full HTML site). And of course follow our rules, which are listed here. One little test I use when I think my post might be questionable is I ask myself, would I mind if my mother read this post, or if this post appeared on the front page of the New York Times? If the answer is yes to either of those questions, then I revise my post.
    04-24-13 10:39 PM
    Its either people complaining that BB is missing one thing and thats the reason for the company's eventual downfall or the WHOOOOSH of interne-twits rushing whenever CB posts a new article so they can put their lame/unfunny/stupid "FIRST" comments down.
    04-25-13 02:21 PM
    Actually I'm sure there are a lot of long time BB users and crackberry readers ,who have recently signed up to crackberry because of BB10. Who post something out of frustration, then are are attacked by self righteous people who troll the site looking for someone to" tear them a new one " with the excuse they can't be a really BlackBerry user because they the smug troll hunter can tell -

Posted via Z10
    04-25-13 04:46 PM
    Thanks! And also any time someone brings up anything negative about the Z10 they're called trolls too. Any time anyone brings up Instagram: "Instagram is sooo stupid we don't need it anyway". The fact is, the lack of Instagram could cost BlackBerry a sale. So it is important. Any time someone brings up Skype or Netflix people either yell at them or say "Oh just side load it". The average consumer probably won't know how to side load or doesn't even know it is possible. Not everyone is a CrackBerry addict. Consumers don't know as much as we do and we need to realize that. Just because you don't use a particular app doesn't mean millions of others need to suffer.

In all honesty, I don't use Instagram, Skype, or Snapchat, but I realize the importance of their presence in the BlackBerry World.
    04-25-13 07:04 PM