***Please don't respond with an answer that discusses leaks or Sachesi as this is an inquiry about into BlackBerry Link and Carrier Releases***

My Question:
    I hit check for software updates on my device and it says I have the newest software. I plug my phone into BlackBerry Link (even though I shouldn't, separate story) and it says an update is available and asks if I want to install it.

So what's the difference? What does BlackBerry Link know that my device doesn't? It says it's 65 minutes to install. Is this normal? Do you go by device or Link?

Posted with my Q10 on Verizon from Philly
    11-17-13 08:47 PM
    I just don't bother with Link. Besides it being a bit buggy, I always figure the phone knows best. Completely delete and reinstall the latest BlackBerry Link and see if it comes up again. If it does then I don't know what to say and I would ignore it as long as I know I am on the latest OS version according to my carrier. So, in conclusion, Link is buggy; trust the phone. Good luck!
    11-17-13 08:51 PM
    Here's the deal. Go to settings and find the OS version on your phone. You will see that the link is showing you the current version installed as the available update. Yes, this is caused by a bug in Blackberry Link. Just don't use Link. It is horrible software.
    11-17-13 09:04 PM
    Is it asking you to update Link itself?

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 09:07 PM
    Is it asking you to update Link itself?

Posted via CB10
    Nope, although I'm pretty sure there is a recent Link update but I never updated cause it didn't ask me to and couldn't find a spot in the program for updating.

Posted with my Q10 on Verizon from Philly
    11-17-13 09:12 PM
    Here's the deal. Go to settings and find the OS version on your phone. You will see that the link is showing you the current version installed as the available update. Yes, this is caused by a bug in Blackberry Link. Just don't use Link. It is horrible software.
    that was the same bug in the old desktop software...they still are clueless on how to fix it
    propeller10 likes this.
    11-17-13 09:13 PM
    I had the reverse problem. Updated via link and my phone kept saying I needed to get the same update. I ignored and it went away after a few days.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 11:03 PM