According to the Cascades beta roadmap:
    C5 = Gold
    C6 = Keyboard Beta

C5 is set to be released in less then 2 weeks. Is C6 going to be released at the same time?
    I'm guessing that's also when we will see the promised Dev Alpha C phones.

Also is ther going to be a C7 & C8 ect?
    Afterall C6 is just the Keyboard Beta, they will need atleast 1 more after it for the final.

All of the SDK's end with the Keyboard Beta. Why isn't there anything after that?

I would have thought it would have been "Keyboard Beta" & then "GOLD"
    11-30-12 01:11 AM
    RIM will announce who gets the DevAlpha C on March 1, so I don't think that they'll already show it next month to the public. I guess it will first appear at the launch event (officially).
    11-30-12 10:07 AM
    RIM will announce who gets the DevAlpha C on March 1, so I don't think that they'll already show it next month to the public. I guess it will first appear at the launch event (officially).
    Really? Dev Alpha C out in March? I thought that the keyboard phone was going to within 30 days after the touch screen version. O_o
    11-30-12 11:00 AM
    I think that was a typo, haha
    11-30-12 11:27 AM
    From the Terms and Conditions for the Dev Alpha C: "All approvals, whether initial submissions or Resubmissions, will be granted by March 1, 2013 (“Reward Confirmation Date”) and at this time the Sponsor will announce who is eligible for a Reward."
    11-30-12 12:48 PM
    That doesn't bode well for the N series phone being released in March........
    11-30-12 10:47 PM
    From the Terms and Conditions for the Dev Alpha C: "All approvals, whether initial submissions or Resubmissions, will be granted by March 1, 2013 (“Reward Confirmation Date”) and at this time the Sponsor will announce who is eligible for a Reward."
    Actually that makes sense. Once the L-Series comes out. Developers can focus on the N series.
    Cappyshirt likes this.
    12-01-12 02:34 AM
    That makes complete sense. This may mean that the N-series might be somewhat of challenge for Developers, and they'll have to make some adjustments to there apps. But, who really know's, it may just be part of RIM's strategy. I'm still really curious to see how the N-series works with BB10 software, can't imagine the OS having half the screen size and resolution.
    12-01-12 02:17 PM
    That doesn't bode well for the N series phone being released in March........
    I don't know how to interpret it either, but one possibility is simply that RIM believes (probably correctly) that most developers will have one of the all-touch devices, and would not necessarily rush out to get the keyboard phones as well. That would mean a much reduced inventory of apps that work adequately on the 720x720 screen, so they may be delivering these to deserving devs more or less at the same time as the phone launches.

At least, that's one possibility... no idea really.
    12-01-12 07:40 PM