So, this is just a simple question.

Does RIM need to push out an update to the PlayBook to allow us to use Cascades?

I was making a "hello world" app with cascades with the new Cascades NDK beta, and i got an error, alerting me that it's not compatible with os 2.0.1, but it instead requires 10.0.4.0.
    05-01-12 03:12 PM
    I guess the question is, Will the playbook receive bb10?
    Premium1 likes this.
    05-01-12 03:14 PM
    I believe the answer to both questions is Yes. PB will need an OS upgrade, and I read somewhere today that it will indeed be getting it at some point. When it does, apps written for a BB10 phone will run as-is on the PB. And they will look fantastic doing so.
    05-01-12 03:18 PM
    Well this is a little disappointing. I would start writing an app today. Although cascades being announced now is surprising. I was about to start writing an app using opengl for the ui... I mean I may still if cascades for playbook is months off...

As a side note I hope they offer devs phones for apps

Except I hope they actually only ship phones for quality apps because the apps that people got playbooks for.... well look around app world...

@ON TOPIC
    Unfortunately no cascades for us this instant on playbook but I hope it comes realllll soon.
    05-01-12 08:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD