I am hoping that what I observed today at two Verizon stores is a fluke and not the direction that Verizon is beginning to take. I am in Southern California and went into two Verizon stores with my daughter to look at some phone options for her.

At the first store we noticed that there is no Blackberry signage up any longer. They only had the Q10 on display. The Z10 was nowhere to be found.

At the second store, neither of the devices were on display. I was able to ask one of the reps about it, who said that display space is at a premium and that they could not justify the space for devices that were just not selling. She said that they were only selling two or three Blackberry's a week. Ouch.

Just wondering if others are seeing carriers starting to lose interest? I hope that all the bad news of Friday does not make it even worse.
    06-30-13 08:00 PM
    Well I can tell you that Canadian Carriers are heavily pushing the Z and Q along side the S4.
    06-30-13 08:03 PM
    Well I can tell you that Canadian Carriers are heavily pushing the Z and Q along side the S4.
    That is great news! I hope it keeps up!
    06-30-13 08:10 PM
    I have been unable to find a Q10 on display here in Long Island. I have been to four stores.
    06-30-13 08:17 PM
    US carriers haven't had an interest in years

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 featuring BBM Channel C0002FE04
    southlander, bekkay and TgeekB like this.
    06-30-13 10:44 PM
    Sprint has little enthusiasm for BB anyhow. Hopefully the Q10 is so far in the works for them, they won't back out of selling it.
    I have been to the local AT&T, Verizon and T-Mobile stores, and they still have them.
    06-30-13 10:54 PM
    Does anyone buy the idea that the Q5 was made for Developing Markets only? It is obvious now that all the American carriers passed on it.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-13 01:36 PM
    US carriers haven't had an interest in years

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 featuring BBM Channel C0002FE04
    My thoughts exactly.
    07-03-13 01:37 PM
    Q10, and Z10... $99 on contract. You tell me.
    07-03-13 01:40 PM
    I would say we'd probably find that at most US carrier stores. The interest just isn't there and I'm not really sure I can blame them right now. I still have not seen 1 blackberry 10 device being used by anyone. You go into most carrier stores in the US, they're going to push you to Android. A lot of them avoid iPhone too. Store reps usually push devices for 2 reasons: they are told to and they heavily support one. I'm pretty sure they aren't told to go out of the way to push Blackberry and if they aren't using it themselves, then don't expect them to push out of personal preference.
    07-03-13 02:05 PM
    My thoughts exactly.
    Same here

Posted via CB10
    07-03-13 02:06 PM
    I am hoping that what I observed today at two Verizon stores is a fluke and not the direction that Verizon is beginning to take. I am in Southern California and went into two Verizon stores with my daughter to look at some phone options for her.

At the first store we noticed that there is no Blackberry signage up any longer. They only had the Q10 on display. The Z10 was nowhere to be found.

At the second store, neither of the devices were on display. I was able to ask one of the reps about it, who said that display space is at a premium and that they could not justify the space for devices that were just not selling. She said that they were only selling two or three Blackberry's a week. Ouch.

Just wondering if others are seeing carriers starting to lose interest? I hope that all the bad news of Friday does not make it even worse.
    This is pretty scary and quite alarming. I hope some folks at BB corporate are aware of this.
    07-03-13 02:08 PM
    This is pretty scary and quite alarming. I hope some folks at BB corporate are aware of this.
    They surely are. It s a repeat of the PlayBook and OS 7 handset releases. There is really not a lot BlackBerry can do about it. They could heavily incentivize sales with steep commissions but that would likely result in a response from say Samsung if it worked. In the end it would cost BlackBerry a lot of cash.

Posted via BlackBerry 10
    07-03-13 02:26 PM
    i hate how boost mobile and cricket only have one model blackberry, and its one of those obscure curve models that nobody knows about and nobody likes i personally have no interest in BB10 devices and all i want is a bold to work with a prepaid network but unfortunately there is no such thing

Sent from my BlackBerry 9350 using Tapatalk
    07-03-13 02:30 PM
    Manufacturers pay for premium placement and signage for their products in stores. If its not there, they're aware, because they didn't buy it.
    07-03-13 03:20 PM
    It's not apple. USA carrier don't give a....
    07-03-13 05:39 PM
    Q10, and Z10... $99 on contract. You tell me.
    That has more to do with T mobile new pricing strategy than lack of interest.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-13 05:52 PM
    They surely are. It s a repeat of the PlayBook and OS 7 handset releases. There is really not a lot BlackBerry can do about it. They could heavily incentivize sales with steep commissions but that would likely result in a response from say Samsung if it worked. In the end it would cost BlackBerry a lot of cash.

Posted via BlackBerry 10
    maybe it would cost them cash, but incentivising the salesforce is a huge deal for sales. you coul dprobably take the millions they throw into adverts and give that to sales reps on a per store/individual basis and see a far greater sales return than any advert. Sadly this is what they needed to do on product launch (it IS something other makers do/did in the uk at least when I worked in store) and trust me it gets salespeople recommending your product. money talks.
    07-03-13 07:23 PM