Hi guys. I'm not really sure that the US carriers are gonna jump on for the BB10 launch. meaning like advertising the phones. Currently BB10 is in Competition with Wp8 which is released in one month. Almost all big US carriers are gonna advertise Wp8 heavily. Especially Verizon since it's rumoured that they will get all the flagship Windows phones. including the 8X, Ativ S and of course the 920 after AT&T. maybe a week later exclusive. But What about BB10?. problem is that possibly Verizon, AT&T and t-mobile or Sprint ar not gonna even Advertise the BB10 phones. Almost every Carrier in the US is getting at least one or more Wp8 devices. So do you think the Big Carrier will jump on board for BB10 and Advertise it or is RIM gonna do it themselves?.
    09-21-12 11:59 PM
    According to RIM, carrier reception has been favourable. More importantly, because BB10 will be LTE-compatible, it will now be in the same field as other phones in the eyes of carriers. They have no reason to push one phone over another now, so they might as well offer the most choices to their customers.
    Balti43 likes this.
    09-22-12 12:07 AM
    The BlackBerry10 OS is gonna be so good and the hardware so nice that it will sell itself.

I know this because it has to be. Its do or die for RIM so they truly have to make it Amazing ,innovative, nice to look at and a joy to use.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9670 using Tapatalk
    09-22-12 12:55 AM
    According to RIM, carrier reception has been favourable. More importantly, because BB10 will be LTE-compatible, it will now be in the same field as other phones in the eyes of carriers. They have no reason to push one phone over another now, so they might as well offer the most choices to their customers.
    I wish it's true but I do not believe it until I hear from carriers..not rim. Rim HAS to say and stay positive.
    09-22-12 01:00 AM
    The BlackBerry10 OS is gonna be so good and the hardware so nice that it will sell itself.

I know this because it has to be. Its do or die for RIM so they truly have to make it Amazing ,innovative, nice to look at and a joy to use.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9670 using Tapatalk
    Not sure. I haven't tried bb10. But for hardware looks. wp clearly wins in that part. Htc and Nokia have the most good looking phones. The phone colors are very cool. I think tones of people will go to them first. They clearly stand out. From the rest. For bb10 to win. They need to be different. Their hardware needs to be different. Teu can't pick colors because wp8 clearly only gets to have that and fits it very well. For software. Not sure. Wp8 has not been fully revealed yet. You can expect tones of improved and new features. So don't judge software between wp8 and bb10 yet
    09-22-12 01:11 AM
    Not sure. I haven't tried bb10. But for hardware looks. wp clearly wins in that part. Htc and Nokia have the most good looking phones. The phone colors are very cool. I think tones of people will go to them first. They clearly stand out. From the rest. For bb10 to win. They need to be different. Their hardware needs to be different. Teu can't pick colors because wp8 clearly only gets to have that and fits it very well. For software. Not sure. Wp8 has not been fully revealed yet. You can expect tones of improved and new features. So don't judge software between wp8 and bb10 yet

WP8 is calling out to teens with all their colors, Blackberry is much more of a business/sophisticated phone so I hope they don't offer absurd colors. i rather have a professional looking phone than a phone that looks like a gameboy thats just personal opinion and from what I've read in the comments over discussion over what colors the blackberry should be I'm willing to be that many people in the crackberry community feel the same way. most people who currently use the blackberry are looking for an elegant phone something that doesn't look like it belongs to my 14 year old sister.
    09-22-12 01:16 AM
    They have no reason to push one phone over another now, so they might as well offer the most choices to their customers.
    They have a major reason to push one phone over others, profits. It's well known that the subsidy on iPhones is significantly greater than other smartphones, about $420 compared to $300. For this reason, both Verizon and ATT do not push the iPhone, and actively have their sales staff push other devices to customers. Sprint not so much since they have a $15.5B commitment to iPhone. The love/hate relationship between carriers and iPhone is well known. If the subsidy on BB10 devices is lower than comparable devices, there's reason to believe that the major carriers will push BB10 over others.
    09-22-12 01:22 AM
    I think it's in the carrier best interests to support RIM and BB10.
    sugbo likes this.
    09-22-12 01:30 AM
    I wish it's true but I do not believe it until I hear from carriers..not rim. Rim HAS to say and stay positive.
    That's why I only briefly mentioned it...
    09-22-12 01:33 AM
    I think it's in the carrier best interests to support RIM and BB10.
    agreed. But the carriers have chosen. it's wp8. It has tones of potential that's gonna be problem for RIM. Even At a verizon Store. the crew have cleared half of the store. Likely for Windows phones. Carriers are gona be dead serious about Wp8. I think they'll advertise it hard out. Especially Verizon. since it really needs a third alternative
    Last edited by 12Dandaman; 09-22-12 at 01:45 AM.
    09-22-12 01:43 AM
    WP8 is calling out to teens with all their colors, Blackberry is much more of a business/sophisticated phone so I hope they don't offer absurd colors. i rather have a professional looking phone than a phone that looks like a gameboy thats just personal opinion and from what I've read in the comments over discussion over what colors the blackberry should be I'm willing to be that many people in the crackberry community feel the same way. most people who currently use the blackberry are looking for an elegant phone something that doesn't look like it belongs to my 14 year old sister.
    I agree with you on colors. I've heard they are going to do 3 and I like that (black, white, and a new one). If people really want colors they can always get a case which a lot of people do.
    09-22-12 01:44 AM
    They have a major reason to push one phone over others, profits. It's well known that the subsidy on iPhones is significantly greater than other smartphones, about $420 compared to $300. For this reason, both Verizon and ATT do not push the iPhone, and actively have their sales staff push other devices to customers. Sprint not so much since they have a $15.5B commitment to iPhone. The love/hate relationship between carriers and iPhone is well known. If the subsidy on BB10 devices is lower than comparable devices, there's reason to believe that the major carriers will push BB10 over others.
    You're right. iPhone is a bit of an exception. I was referring more to Android.
    09-22-12 01:45 AM
    agreed. the carriers have chosen. it's wp8. It has tones of potential that's gonna be problem for RIM. Even At a verizon Store. the crew have cleared half of the store. Likely for Windows phones. Carriers are gona be dead serious about Wp8. I think they'll advertise it hard out. Especially Verizon. since it really needs a third alternative
    haha, I'm not sure if you meant to respond to me. But you made me think of something. The carriers should and will support windows 8 when it comes out since it will be the new thing. As we've seen a lot of people are buying the iphone just cause its the new thing (the iphone 4 issufficient for most users) so when BB10 releases it will be the new thing and the carriers will push it cause thats what people want. The new thing.
    09-22-12 01:49 AM
    Ayfkm. Nokia with better hardware than RIM

AT&T, Verizon have stated they will be on board for the launch of BB10, what are they going to do, say no to some of their largest clients! This is about more that the average Joe. RIM is still the #1 vendor for the fortune 500. You my Nokia loving friend are grasping at straws!

RIM the company that brought you the smart phone, is about to revolutionize mobile computing.
    Last edited by Dapper37; 09-22-12 at 03:49 AM.
    sugbo likes this.
    09-22-12 03:40 AM
    I think Nokia and HTC did a really clever thing with the colours. I think they evoke childhood feelings of seeing bright shiny toys at Christmas. The little boy inside me WANTS one! Then the grown up part of me resists! I think alot of people will go with their emotions and let the little child inside them decide.

I'm not suggesting Rim should do this, but they definitely have to visually impress people in some way.

My decision is between a Nokia (yay Finland) and Rim (yay Canada). I'm waiting to see how much the BB10 phones impress me. Though I have to say the intuitive UI on the playbook is a huge factor in pushing me toward Rim.

For most people, though, visual appeal does play a big part.
    09-22-12 03:44 AM
    Aren't you a bit out of date? Most people use blackberries in the USA and UK *are*14 year old girls and other low-income groups- why do you think they do all those colour variations?

I am not saying no professionals are using bbs that would be silly but the idea that the main body of users buying BBs are professionals in suits does not seem to supported by either RIM's own figures or other analyst data. At the moment, their main volume is at the low-end.
    Last edited by cgk; 09-22-12 at 04:43 AM.
    09-22-12 03:55 AM
    I think Nokia and HTC did a really clever thing with the colours. I think they evoke childhood feelings of seeing bright shiny toys at Christmas. The little boy inside me WANTS one! Then the grown up part of me resists! I think alot of people will go with their emotions and let the little child inside them decide.

I'm not suggesting Rim should do this, but they definitely have to visually impress people in some way.

My decision is between a Nokia (yay Finland) and Rim (yay Canada). I'm waiting to see how much the BB10 phones impress me. Though I have to say the intuitive UI on the playbook is a huge factor in pushing me toward Rim.

For most people, though, visual appeal does play a big part.
    Yea. I do love the 8S. the black and blue one. that is very good looking. I think the kid inside me loves it. it also fits my teen biker cloths style
    09-22-12 04:26 AM
    Ayfkm. Nokia with better hardware than RIM

AT&T, Verizon have stated they will be on board for the launch of BB10, what are they going to do, say no to some of their largest clients! This is about more that the average Joe. RIM is still the #1 vendor for the fortune 500. You my Nokia loving friend are grasping at straws!

RIM the company that brought you the smart phone, is about to revolutionize mobile computing.
    dude you don't understand. Verizon stated in public in April or May that they are doing a campaign similar for what they done for Android. that's Droid Campagin size. That was huge. Do you really think BB10 will get that size of advertising?. Also MetroPcs and Cricket, and US cellular are getting Windows phone 8 devices as well.
    09-22-12 04:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD