I'm just curious what kind of application is installed when we insert a sim card. Is it some special file format? Obviously it is supposed to work with any mobile OS. Is there a way to somehow control it/hide it in BB?

Posted from Z30/STA100-5/OS 10.3.3.3057
    11-13-17 11:55 AM
    Nothing from the carrier is pre-installed. You can download an app or use the website to monitor your account. The SIM doesn't install anything, it just activates your phone. Without the SIM, you can use the browser and the non-phone apps on wifi.
    11-13-17 12:12 PM
    Nothing from the carrier is pre-installed. You can download an app or use the website to monitor your account. The SIM doesn't install anything, it just activates your phone. Without the SIM, you can use the browser and the non-phone apps on wifi.
    I have an extra app appearing after inserting the sim - services, information etc.. it's not a link to a website, it's a full stand-alone app. And all mobile operators I ever used had such self-installing apps. They are just for carrier's services (checking balance, turning on/off features, useful numbers).

11-13-17 01:55 PM
    Probably not all the providers have those? I'm from the Eastern Europe and all providers active in my country install this app as one inserts their sim.

My question was about the type of this app. I had Androids, iOS devices (not an app but adds a new menu), and now I see it in my BB device. I assume it's an apk type?

11-13-17 02:00 PM
    Why not assume it's just part of having a network enabled device and live with it.

Most likely it's a feature of Android that is enabled based on the type of SIM/NETWORK used. And like many "apps" that show up in resource monitors, not much you can do to disable or remove them... and have the phone work.
    11-13-17 02:24 PM