I'll be traveling around France in August and am looking for some recommendations for a carrier with good coverage and affordable pay-as-you-go plans.

We will be in Paris, Lyon and who knows where else the wind will take us?

Thanks!

Z10
    01-20-14 05:32 PM
    I'll be traveling around France in August and am looking for some recommendations for a carrier with good coverage and affordable pay-as-you-go plans.

We will be in Paris, Lyon and who knows where else the wind will take us?

Thanks!

Z10
    Sometimes when I'm in Paris and wish to use a local sim, I use Le French Mobile, they offer some pretty terrific Bundles and they allow you to choose a combination of up to 4 bundles at a time. Give them a try.
    Oh btw, the sim card is "free" it comes with credit already loaded on, the amount I don't recollect at the moment exactly but I think it's around 30 or 40 Euros.

Please note for theZ10 the APN setting is as follows:

APN (Access Point Name): netgprs.com
    Username: tsl
    Password: tsl

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by crackbrry fan; 01-20-14 at 11:06 PM.
    01-20-14 10:44 PM
    Sometimes when I'm in Paris and wish to use a local sim, I use Le French Mobile, they offer some pretty terrific Bundles and they allow you to choose a combination of up to 4 bundles at a time. Give them a try.
    Oh btw, the sim card is "free" it comes with credit already loaded on, the amount I don't recollect at the moment exactly but I think it's around 30 or 40 Euros.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for all the great info, I'll check them out.

Z10
    01-23-14 08:55 PM
    Thanks for all the great info, I'll check them out.

Z10
    No worries, you are most welcome.

Posted via CB10
    01-24-14 07:52 PM
    T-Mobile US offers free email messages, unlimited data usage, and free incoming calls. Outgoing calls are $0.20 per minute. Why change carriers and your phone number?
    01-24-14 08:01 PM

Posted via CB10
    I read on Le French Mobile's far they do not support BBM or other BlackBerry services. Will the APN set up allow BlackBerry services to work?

Z10
    02-02-14 09:13 AM
    I read on Le French Mobile's far they do not support BBM or other BlackBerry services. Will the APN set up allow BlackBerry services to work?

Z10
    Yes they will there isn't any Bis anymore

Posted via CB10
    02-10-14 04:19 PM
    Thanks, but my wife needs ut for her Torch 9800.

Z10
    02-10-14 07:14 PM
    Thanks, but my wife needs ut for her Torch 9800.

Z10
    I recommend that she use wifi for access to bis. with the sim she can access text and phone services.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-14 08:02 PM
    Just got back from France, sfr worked well but you need to get the correct apn info and have 10.2 or higher (not sure why). Paid 30 euros for 300mb of data and unlimited calls/txts. Orange is def the most expensive.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-14 09:05 PM
    Just got back from France, sfr worked well but you need to get the correct apn info and have 10.2 or higher (not sure why). Paid 30 euros for 300mb of data and unlimited calls/txts. Orange is def the most expensive.

Posted via CB10
    He is using his wife's phone a Torch so he would need BIS the info I provided including the APN is for the Z10.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-14 09:51 PM
    I'm very grateful for all the help.

I'm bringing my Z10 and my wife is bringing her Torch. With the great plans mentioned I think we can get by without BIS and just rely on text.

Again, thanks and keep the advice coming - truly grateful.

Z10
    02-11-14 05:27 AM
    For Europe, including France, I recommend lemonsim sim card. It's a great no roaming sim card that has a great coverage and the best thing is that you can order it online from their website lemonsim.com and tgey will deliver it to your home.
    Stewartj1 likes this.
    03-25-14 05:06 PM