I find it funny to some of the people saying how terrible Tmo service is. (Grant it everyone is entitled to their opinion...educated or not) We have a cabin up north(in the middle of nowhere) and I travel all over the country, literally with my phone and I have had few problems along the way. If this tells you anything about what I think about Tmo...My father was Executive Director of Engineering for Cingular/ATT/Ameritech/BellSouth...and the list goes on...lol and I have been a very loyal Tmo customer for 10 years. Every company goes through growth..Tmo did that and has come out in a pretty good way. Lack of phone selection is the only negative I can say about them. At the end of the day when you talk about literally who has the best service all around from start to finish your going to see Tmo and Verizon more times than not. You dont just win the JD award for sitting on your ****. When Tmo was lacking in service they went above and beyond with customer support and now they offer a very nice balance of both!! Facts are facts.... Just my two cents
    05-13-08 09:12 PM
    Also, for those stating about overall coverage...I travel a lot more than most and I have tried every carrier. I have a lot of family and friends in the cellular industry and with every single carrier you are going to find "dead zones" and issues and some will always be more prevalent than others however if you want to get real technical Tmo ranks right up there with overall solid coverage. You can find the maps and site lists online at many places. Ive seen them many times at my dads office and its hard to argue when youre looking right at the prints! Especially now with so many carriers piggy backing off each other on the same towers.
    05-13-08 09:17 PM
    The BB plan for Alltel that you mentioned is correct. you get no messaging with the 69.99 500 min. plan w/ $20 add ons. However, for 89.99 and 2 $20 dollar add a lines you can have 3 lines for 129.99. This includes unlimited data for your BB and all lines include unlimited text, nights at 7, and m2m. you also get 10 free numbers. To me thats the best value out of the ones you have stated not to mention the coverage is great!! Just my opinion
    05-14-08 03:58 PM
    Okay, let me show you what I found:

Monthly Fee Sale Price
    Unlimited BlackBerry Email and Web $49.99 $39.99

If I click on it, here is what I get:
    Always On, Always Connected.
    BlackBerry handhelds are designed to remain on and continuously connected to the wireless network so email can be automatically delivered to your handheld. No effort required. A Voice Plan for your Nextel digital cellular phone and Nationwide Direct Connect� on your BlackBerry handheld is optional.
    Unlimited BlackBerry Email and Web Plan includes:
    Unlimited BlackBerry Email Traffic
    Unlimited Internet and BlackBerry browsing
    A Nextel digital cellular/ Nextel Nationwide Direct Connect Plan is optional. Add any Nextel nationwide cellular/Nationwide Direct Connect plan to the BlackBerry email service plan.

I think I see what you were saying though, the PowerPack plan for $30. If I may ask, what is the difference between the $30 and $45 plans? The $30 seems to be the best price (and plan).
    I think the $45 one may be the BES package.
    05-14-08 04:12 PM
    The BB plan for Alltel that you mentioned is correct. you get no messaging with the 69.99 500 min. plan w/ $20 add ons. However, for 89.99 and 2 $20 dollar add a lines you can have 3 lines for 129.99. This includes unlimited data for your BB and all lines include unlimited text, nights at 7, and m2m. you also get 10 free numbers. To me thats the best value out of the ones you have stated not to mention the coverage is great!! Just my opinion
    I've heard that they (Alltel) also use VZW's network for roaming...is that true?
    05-14-08 04:16 PM
    On alltel for the $109.99 that you posted you actually get 1200 Nationwide daytime minutes, 7pm nights, Unlimited M2M, Unlimited Text, Blackberry Service and 10 my circle numbers.
    05-15-08 01:39 PM
    On alltel for the $109.99 that you posted you actually get 1200 Nationwide daytime minutes, 7pm nights, Unlimited M2M, Unlimited Text, Blackberry Service and 10 my circle numbers.
    I was referring to share plans, not single-line plans...is this what you were talking about also?

Thanks!
    Paul
    05-15-08 09:19 PM
    i was totaling up the total monthly bill for him. i am aware of the 1200 minute plan but he was asking about sharing for 3 lines. if done the way u suggest your looking at 150 a month for 3 lines. still not to bad. as far as roaming off of verizon, i'm sure some agreement is in place somewhere but not on data..only high speed partner alltel has is sprint.
    05-26-08 10:18 PM
    I am so tired of others bashing certain carriers because coverage isn't good in their area *cough* rameal *cough*

I could say ATT sucks and is "crap" since their coverage isn't as good where I live vs tmobile.

Everyone has a different experience with service based on where they live. Quit with the generalizations.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-26-08 10:52 PM
    T-Mobile is definitely the CHEAPEST.

As far as best service is concerned, that I don't know. I will say T-Mobile works great down here (South Florida) and in every other big city I have gone too. But me, I have AT&T. I have 4 lines, 3500 minutes, unlimited text for all lines, 2 bb data plans.

My bill comes out just under $200 every month. I know alot of you will say the minutes are low for 4 lines but we have mobile to mobile and I am not a huge talker. Mostly text and off peak minutes. I use maybe 500 peak minutes a month. If that.
    05-26-08 11:29 PM
    I am so tired of others bashing certain carriers because coverage isn't good in their area *cough* rameal *cough*

I could say ATT sucks and is "crap" since their coverage isn't as good where I live vs tmobile.

Everyone has a different experience with service based on where they live. Quit with the generalizations.
    Not only that, but what its primarily used for, and how often they travel and when they do travel are they doing so in populated or remote areas and each carriers performance in these areas?

If its business and you "need" access, I think nationwide performance is probably more important than how it performs while sitting on your couch checking facebook. If you never or rarely travel, then local performance is paramount.
    10-11-09 02:04 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD