I checked out all of the following carrier's websites and gathered monthly prices for the following:
    3 lines total
    2 lines normal no additional services
    1 line Blackberry plus the minimum text messaging bundle
    Whatever was closest to 700 minutes monthly including n/w plus mobile to mobile.

*NEWLY ADDED* Rogers
    $154.35 with one blackberry $15 Community Pack plus $7.00 unlimited on device Internet browsing

*NEWLY ADDED* U.S. Cellular
    Total Monthly Recurring Charge: $124.89 includes one blackberry with 250 text messages on one line

Alltel
    Your monthly payment will be $109.99 500 minutes 20 per extra line per month (plus taxes and fees). (does not include text messaging for any lines.
    with 300 messages for 1 line add $5.99/mo bringing the full total to 115.98 plus taxes and fees.

Verizon
    $107.96 3 lines one blackberry
    250 text messages

T-Mobile
    Total due monthly** $89.97 3 lines one BlackBerry without text messaging
    with 400 messages $4.99 per month total $94.96 plus taxes and fees

Sprint
    Total Monthly Charges
    (excludes Taxes, Fees & Other Charges)
    $124.97
    includes 3 lines one blackberry with 300 text messages

AT&T
    3 lines one blackberry
    $114.98 includes 200 messages
    Last edited by paulrosenthal; 05-11-08 at 09:40 PM.
    05-10-08 10:33 PM
    I have no problems with your math T-mobile seems live the best value for me as well
    05-10-08 10:35 PM
    I TMO has the cheapest BB data plan also.
    05-10-08 10:41 PM
    Yeah but T-Mobile service is crap. I got Verizon and I'm happy with the service. I used to have T-Mobile so that is how I know about the horrid signal but this was years ago and it depends on what you are looking for in your plan

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-11-08 12:47 AM
    Yeah but T-Mobile service is crap. I got Verizon and I'm happy with the service. I used to have T-Mobile so that is how I know about the horrid signal but this was years ago and it depends on what you are looking for in your plan

the key phrase in there was "but this was years ago" dont bash other carriers based on your signal strength years ago, i have TMO and i love it, the signal is great and the customer service is second to none

ask around and see what carrier has the best signal in your area its different in every market... good luck with your choice it seems like your doing the right research so once you have gathered all of the info im sure youll make the best choice for you
    05-11-08 12:53 AM
    TMobile is definitely the cheapest price, and has the UMA, which i *hope* ATT gets, Although i switched to ATT from TMo, about 2 years ago, prior to H@H, and at MY location, ATT gets better signal, and i have never had a problem with calling customer service, always been very helpful.

Basically, YMMV

But i would check around to see signal strength in the areas you go.

What i did, cost a few bucks, but made my decision real easy.

Go get a prepaid phone from each carrier, with the 10 or 15min that it comes with. I know the TMo phone i got was $30, and i sold the phone on ebay for $20.

I would check on that idea, each carrier has a very basic entry level prepaid phone.
    05-11-08 01:00 AM

Go get a prepaid phone from each carrier, with the 10 or 15min that it comes with. I know the TMo phone i got was $30, and i sold the phone on ebay for $20.

I would check on that idea, each carrier has a very basic entry level prepaid phone.
    thats funny cuz i did the same thing i still have the cheap $30 nokia phone lol i kept it cuz every once in a while ill play that snake game lol im a dork
    05-11-08 01:19 AM
    i have TMO and i love it, the signal is great and the customer service is second to none
    Absolutely correct.

And let's not forget that both J.D. Power and Consumer Reports rate Verizon and T-Mobile as the best carriers in the USA.
    05-11-08 01:56 AM
    Service is more important to me than who has the cheaper rates. I'd rather have good service that cost a little bit more, than poor service just to save a penny and lose my mind.
    05-11-08 07:06 AM
    I agree, T-Mo seems to be the cheapest plan wise, but you get what you pay for. T-mo does not always do so well if you go to the woods, lake or a rural area.
    05-11-08 09:14 AM
    I agree, T-Mo seems to be the cheapest plan wise, but you get what you pay for. T-mo does not always do so well if you go to the woods, lake or a rural area.
    I actually think t-mobile may do better in open spaces... It's in dense cities like NYC that they may not do as good. My home, my office building and the mall at my second job didn't barely got, if any service at all. I believe the main reason is because T-mobile's network predominately uses the GSM/GPRS 1900 MHz frequency-band. This is not to say it will not work in cities/indoors/basements for you as this would have to be something you would have to try/experience on your own.

Also depending on your employment AT&T, Verizon and Sprint offer discounts off your Monthly Service Charges (MSC.) For example if you work for Coca-Cola, you may get 25% off your primary MSC and the BB data plan. For T-mobile I know they have it for the military, but a representative at the store and over the phone (could have been misinformed) informed me that they didn't participate in this. This can lead to the pricing to be similar to T-mobile's if not better.

(The Coca-Cola percentage is strictly for example purposes and does not reflect a real discount.)

H@H is very attractive and can save you a lot if you have Wifi signal and don't have to use a get an expensive price plan.

05-11-08 10:14 AM
    I have to say T-Mobile because their data for blackberries is the cheapest of all the big service providers and their voice are also cheap.

05-11-08 10:34 AM

And let's not forget that both J.D. Power and Consumer Reports rate Verizon and T-Mobile as the best carriers in the USA.
    Let's forget about this JP power and Consumer report crap,
    What important is to make sure you get the best coverage and reception first, What is the use of title " best carrier" if you got no reception in your area.
    05-11-08 12:48 PM
    Which carrier has the best price can also depend on where you're at and how long you've been there. I'm with Sprint and I've got two lines, one with no extras and one with the blackberry plan (unlimited data, texts, sprint tv, etc.) with combined 1600 minutes for $90/month. But I've been with them forever and they give deals to loyal customers (who try to close out lines). No other carrier I've talked to can beat it.

BTW - are you sure you only got 300 text messages at Sprint? Their blackberry plan includes unlimited texting...
    05-11-08 04:24 PM
    BTW - are you sure you only got 300 text messages at Sprint? Their blackberry plan includes unlimited texting...
    I used Sprint's website and it didn't say anything about included messaging.

Paul
    05-11-08 09:14 PM
    Sprint's Everything for $99 is smoking right now!
    05-12-08 07:24 AM
    I have an old plan with sprint. 3 lines, unlimited text on one line, data plan for my BB, 800 shared minutes, free cell to cell for 110 a month. The 99 dollar plan is good, but for unlimited on 3 phones will be about 300 bucks. It's 99 per phone. Of course I get a 27 percent discount through my company.

05-12-08 07:41 AM
    Sprint $30 BIS plan includes unlimited text.
    05-12-08 07:54 AM
    I have sprint and verizon in the dallas/ ft. Worth arean and if we use verizon as the baseline (since they have "america's best network) I would give sprint a 8/10.

But the service is dirt cheap in my opinion.

I pay 285 (5phones)
    600 mins
    7PM
    Unlimited texts
    Internet
    Insurance on each line (7 bucks a pop)
    Blackberry on one line
    All the bells and whistles really.

No complaints. Sprint Kicks Verizon in the rear with their service prices.

I decided to ditch the verizon phone and go 100 percent on sprint for the reason that the price was killer (and my gf is mobile to mobile)

05-12-08 08:23 AM
    Also I notice sprint is cheaper for people who really maximize their usage (ie people who use unlimited txt's, etc) their bberry package for 30 includes unlimited txt's which vz charges 20 for alone

05-12-08 08:25 AM
    From our experience using these three services in the past 4 years.
    t-mobile-cheapest- worst service coverage for my use
    verizon-current carrier-second most expensive-but by far best coverage
    nextel-sprint-most expensive and unpredictable coverage-lots of dropped calls

most of my travels take me south on I-75 from Ohio to FL. occasional trips as far as Dallas. Almost never east. T-mobile probably best value if you stay in one area and the service works well in your area but I could stand on my from porch and talk to someone then take two steps to the right or left and loose the signal. With Nextel-Sprint I increased my minutes 50% and cut my bill in half with three phones by moving to Verizon. Nextel-Sprint is pretty good but they are not cheap
    just my 2 cents
    05-12-08 05:04 PM
    So Paul, I checked Sprint's website and the family plan for 700 minutes is $69.99 and that includes 2 lines. The third line is $9.99 and the B-berry plan is $30 (BTW - this used to be my set up so I'm pretty confident in this). So your total for Sprint s/b $109.98 including unlimited data and texting on the BB.

Also, I've lived in NJ, NY, MI and MN and spend a lot of time in OH where my husband's family is. I've never not had signal, and I've never dropped a call w/o going into a tunnel or into the subway. I've made calls from elevators in high rise buildings in both NYC and Minneapolis. I've even made calls while waiting for the subway and path trains. I know coverage varies from place to place, but for major (and not so major) cities Sprint's coverage is impressive.
    Last edited by Flurrycat; 05-12-08 at 06:00 PM.
    05-12-08 05:53 PM
    So Paul, I checked Sprint's website and the family plan for 700 minutes is $69.99 and that includes 2 lines. The third line is $9.99 and the B-berry plan is $30 (BTW - this used to be my set up so I'm pretty confident in this). So your total for Sprint s/b $109.98 including unlimited data and texting on the BB.

Also, I've lived in NJ, NY, MI and MN and spend a lot of time in OH where my husband's family is. I've never not had signal, and I've never dropped a call w/o going into a tunnel or into the subway. I've made calls from elevators in high rise buildings in both NYC and Minneapolis. I've even made calls while waiting for the subway and path trains. I know coverage varies from place to place, but for major (and not so major) cities Sprint's coverage is impressive.
    Okay, let me show you what I found:

Monthly Fee Sale Price
    Unlimited BlackBerry Email and Web $49.99 $39.99

If I click on it, here is what I get:
    Always On, Always Connected.
    BlackBerry handhelds are designed to remain on and continuously connected to the wireless network so email can be automatically delivered to your handheld. No effort required. A Voice Plan for your Nextel digital cellular phone and Nationwide Direct Connect� on your BlackBerry handheld is optional.
    Unlimited BlackBerry Email and Web Plan includes:
    Unlimited BlackBerry Email Traffic
    Unlimited Internet and BlackBerry browsing
    A Nextel digital cellular/ Nextel Nationwide Direct Connect Plan is optional. Add any Nextel nationwide cellular/Nationwide Direct Connect plan to the BlackBerry email service plan.

I think I see what you were saying though, the PowerPack plan for $30. If I may ask, what is the difference between the $30 and $45 plans? The $30 seems to be the best price (and plan).
    Last edited by paulrosenthal; 05-13-08 at 07:58 PM.
    05-13-08 06:35 PM
    Were you looking specifically for Nextel? This seems to be a Nextel plan, but unless you're looking for push-to-talk I wouldn't go that route. Other than that I don't know - everything but minutes is included unlimited in the $30 plan. Unlimited data, texts, even Sprint TV.
    05-13-08 07:49 PM
    Were you looking specifically for Nextel? This seems to be a Nextel plan, but unless you're looking for push-to-talk I wouldn't go that route. Other than that I don't know - everything but minutes is included unlimited in the $30 plan. Unlimited data, texts, even Sprint TV.
    I went to Cell Phones, Mobile Phones, and Wireless Calling Plans from Sprint, but I noticed when I was looking at plans it was nextel.com...I just assumed they combined the websites, as companies do when they merge (such as hp.com and compaq.com). I did see the Sprint PowerPack plan, though.

Paul
    05-13-08 07:56 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD