Just Wondering
    Which carrier has the most Blackberry users?
    T-Mobile, ATT, Sprint or Verizon??
    08-21-09 02:16 AM
    Has to be verizon. They brought down the house with the BOGO promotion a few months ago. ATT is all about iPhones now and the other 2 don't have the subscriber base to compete.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-21-09 02:20 AM
    Yeh I think its verizon also.
    08-21-09 03:36 AM
    I believe its Verizon as well, tho I've encountered a lot of ATT BB owners as well.

08-21-09 03:46 AM
    AT&T has the most smartphones users in total but Verizon just may have it on BBs alone...they always have deals on berrys

08-21-09 10:24 AM
    i think this would make a great poll, "which carrier do you have?" or mayber kevin can do some sort of a search through registered members and get some numbers. this would be interesting to know.
    08-21-09 10:42 AM
    i think this would make a great poll, "which carrier do you have?" or mayber kevin can do some sort of a search through registered members and get some numbers. this would be interesting to know.
    My personal BB is a T-Mobile however all the BB in my organization (LARGE govt agency) are Verizon.
    08-21-09 10:46 AM
    My personal BB is a T-Mobile however all the BB in my organization (LARGE govt agency) are Verizon.
    LOL. "Very large govt agency?". As though there are ANY small ones?

Curious to note that at a time where MILLIONS of private sector jobs are being lost at a steady drumbeat, government continues to add hundreds and hundreds of thousands of jobs to their payrolls. There was a time where government jobs paid poorly and were in scarce supply. Now government jobs seem to pay better than the private sector, are more secure, offer better benefits, give more time off, and are growing at a wreckless pace.

A famous politician once observed ... "The closest thing you'll ever find to eternal life is a temporary government program."

Scary.

Well back to the topic at hand, the answer to the question of the thread as many have observed must be Verizon. They are the largest mobile carrier in the nation and it would track that they would have the largest base of BlackBerry users.

08-21-09 12:02 PM
    I's say verizon by default of being the largest of all the "major" carriers.
    08-21-09 12:25 PM
    I's say verizon by default of being the largest of all the "major" carriers.
    Well, it's not just cause they're the biggest carrier out there. But rather that they have the Storm (which many people switched carriers just for that). And then you got that whole buy one get one free promotion they just had a couple months ago. They've just been the one that has had the biggest promotions involving BB's than any other carrier.

08-21-09 12:31 PM
    Just Wondering
    Which carrier has the most Blackberry users?
    T-Mobile, ATT, Sprint or Verizon??
    You should add a poll to this thread.
    08-21-09 12:36 PM
    I know I read something a while back that AT&T had the most blackberry users, but I can't remember when or where I read that and google isn't helping.
    08-21-09 12:41 PM
    Yea DEFINITELY verizon.

08-21-09 12:49 PM
    This article was from last year and claims AT&T but gives no proof. But now it is driving me crazy that I can't remember where I read that at. So looks like I won't be getting any work done today until I track this down.

Another article from late 2008 that says the same thing

I also work for a large govt agency and we have BB from all carriers. It is a good idea to spread yourself around. Don't want to depend on just one carrier should they have issues.
    Last edited by brinky; 08-21-09 at 12:54 PM.
    08-21-09 12:52 PM
    Gotta be Verizon because they aren't carrying any wm devices (or as many) plus BOGO is back image that two tours for 200.00?!!!!!
    08-21-09 12:54 PM
    Verizon no doubt. V CAST and all.
    08-21-09 01:09 PM
    Searching through all of RIM press releases the last time they mention who is the largest provider was 8/2008. Not sure why they are keeping it such a secret.

Now I can get back to work.
    08-21-09 01:12 PM
    I would say it would have to be Verizon. They are the only carrier to offer a Blackberry model exclusively.

AT&T has the iPhone. Sprint has the Palm Pre. T-Mobile has the G1. Verizon has the Blackberry Storm.
    08-21-09 01:12 PM
    I'd go with Verizon also but it would be nice to see some sources behind that.
    08-21-09 01:17 PM
    Definitely Verizon... AT&T #2.

Sprint and T-Mobile.. who knows.. but I'd imagine Sprint being ahead of T-Mobile with more corporate accounts (although I'm sure most of them are for Nextel)
    08-21-09 01:39 PM
    Don't under estimate Sprint.
    There are alot of Sprint and Sprint/Nextel's out there.
    Sprint/Nextel has the only BlackBerry with direct connect.

Mike
    08-21-09 07:14 PM
    I think it would depend on geographic region. I got my first BB in the SF bay area. ATT was the best network in that area as far as I am aware. Thus most BB users in the Bay are probably on ATT. I don't know who has the best network nationally, they all claim to be the best. I'm sure there are some independent studies out there somewhere?

08-21-09 07:21 PM
    Don't under estimate Sprint.
    There are alot of Sprint and Sprint/Nextel's out there.
    Sprint/Nextel has the only BlackBerry with direct connect.

Mike
    What is direct connect and which Sprint Blackberry has it?

08-21-09 07:38 PM
    What is direct connect and which Sprint Blackberry has it?

That thoroughly annoying "beep-beep" thing that teenagers use at the malls talking to each other over the Nextel radio rather than making conventional phone calls. You know, the thing where you hear the entire conversation over the back and forth radio function punctuated with "beep-beep" every 4 seconds?

Completely annoying.
    08-21-09 07:43 PM
    That thoroughly annoying "beep-beep" thing that teenagers use at the malls talking to each other over the Nextel radio rather than making conventional phone calls. You know, the thing where you hear the entire conversation over the back and forth radio function punctuated with "beep-beep" every 4 seconds?

Completely annoying.
    Oh, AT&T had that feature on a dumb phone I used to have and called it push to talk. I don't see it being a big feature used by Blackberry users.

08-21-09 07:54 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD