anyone know when this will be a reality??? Its rediculolus that this hasn't come out yet! And with the problems with the UI while flat, I'd love to know how the car dock will work with this device. But most of all, I'm tired of my device having to be placed in my cup holder more than a month after the thing has been released
    12-11-09 08:17 PM
    They probably are not going to come out with a car dock. They never did for the storm1 either. I would say get a universal mount that sticks to the windshield or the vents and go with that. I saw in the storm 1 forums a while back someone had modified a desktop cradle to mount to a suction cup and had that stuck to his windshield. Looked pretty clean from the images that were posted.
    12-11-09 08:33 PM
    that makes me sad man! I had a voyager when it first came out and the car dock was sick! Its a shame if they dont come out with one for this phone
    12-11-09 09:13 PM
    Plenty of people, including myself, swear by the ProClip mounting systems. They're kinda pricey, but dude, its top notch.

Keep in mind that the initial purchase for your car & phone are always the most expensive because you have to get a specific mount for your car's make & model, then the actual device mount that attaches to it (this holds your phone). But after that, you just have to buy the device mounts if you change phones. That is, if you keep your same car
    12-11-09 10:52 PM
    They probably are not going to come out with a car dock. They never did for the storm1 either. I would say get a universal mount that sticks to the windshield or the vents and go with that. I saw in the storm 1 forums a while back someone had modified a desktop cradle to mount to a suction cup and had that stuck to his windshield. Looked pretty clean from the images that were posted.
    "The Bury" makes excellent car docks for Storm 1 and 2. I used them both. They even have an external antenna option.
    09-19-10 06:12 AM
    anyone know when this will be a reality??? Its rediculolus that this hasn't come out yet! And with the problems with the UI while flat, I'd love to know how the car dock will work with this device. But most of all, I'm tired of my device having to be placed in my cup holder more than a month after the thing has been released
    Here's one that charges:

Amazon.com: Powered in Car Cradle for BlackBerry Storm 2: Electronics

Here's a cup holder one:

Amazon.com: Duragadget Car cup holder mount cradle Blackberry Storm 2: Electronics

Here's the one I use, works great:

Amazon.com: Arkon Universal Mini Grip Windshield with Dashboard and Vent Mount for Mobile Phones and Smartphones (Black): Cell Phones & Service
    09-19-10 09:37 AM
    A non-powered mount might serve you well if you have a tighter budget:

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=BxpOabhb
    09-19-10 03:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD