I'm due 4 an upgrade now, but I'm holding out 4 the new 2013 Blackberrys. I just hope they come out in January cause I dont know how much longer I can hold out.
    10-27-12 07:54 PM
    I am in exactly the same position. I hope we dont have to wait forever in Australia to get our hands on BB10 handsets.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    10-27-12 08:49 PM
    Between January & March is when we will see BB10.
    10-27-12 09:31 PM
    I am hoping 4 a 4.5 inch screen to combat the big Samsung and HTC devices, but i am sure RIM will make the 1st all touch BB 4 inches. There is a lot of catching up 2 do. No sign of Netflix, Amazon Video, or any other services that every other phone offers, huh?
    10-27-12 10:36 PM
    Should see BB10 devices in Q1 2013. Hold on it's coming.
    10-28-12 02:12 AM
    I went and got a cheap curve from an employee of RIM as my storm was on deaths door. I am lucky as my upgrade credits are still intact
    10-28-12 06:58 AM
    I'm due 4 an upgrade now, but I'm holding out 4 the new 2013 Blackberrys. I just hope they come out in January cause I dont know how much longer I can hold out.
    You should try to hold out for the second batch of BlackBerry 10 devices. RIM has confirmed that the first BlackBerry 10 devices will have outdated hardware. The good ones won't come out till summer of 2013. I have a Optimus G for review right now. It has a quad core and 2gb of RAM. RIM is planning to release a device with those kind of specs in the summer.

Kinda sucks, because I see a whole bunch of upset BlackBerry people once they realize they waited all this time and used their upgrade for a BlackBerry that has hardware from 2011.
    10-28-12 08:14 AM
    Hang in there brothers and sisters!

Blackberry 10 is awesome! I'm developing on a Dev Alpha A so from first hand experience I can tell you to wait and give this phone a chance!

I hear the Dev Alpha B is even faster and everything is smoother! That will probably be the hardware coming first, and it is great!

Somebody said to wait until summer for an even faster phone. That is just silly... You will then always be playing a waiting game... waiting for the next thing, and the next thing... It never ends!!!

To all Blackberry people... If you need a new phone NOW then hang in there and pick up a brand new Blackberry 10 when it launches!

I'm on a Torch 9810 and I have a Playbook, so I'm already doing everything I want on these devices! But even so.... Whatever Blackberry you pretty much use now, I can tell you that BB 10 will change the way you experience your phone. It is just beautiful!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Crackberry Tapatalk Forum app
    jakie55 likes this.
    10-28-12 08:33 AM
    You should try to hold out for the second batch of BlackBerry 10 devices. RIM has confirmed that the first BlackBerry 10 devices will have outdated hardware. The good ones won't come out till summer of 2013. I have a Optimus G for review right now. It has a quad core and 2gb of RAM. RIM is planning to release a device with those kind of specs in the summer.

Kinda sucks, because I see a whole bunch of upset BlackBerry people once they realize they waited all this time and used their upgrade for a BlackBerry that has hardware from 2011.
    This is what I'm going to do. The Aristo looks spectacular. I can definitely hang on to my SGS3/9700 combo until then.
    10-28-12 08:54 AM

Hardware is only outdated if it can't run the operating system properly. You don't even know when aristocratic is coming out.
    If you want to wait a year go right ahead.
    10-28-12 09:13 AM
    Hardware is only outdated if it can't run the operating system properly. You don't even know when aristocratic is coming out.
    If you want to wait a year go right ahead.
    Again like you you said, we don't know when the good ones are coming out so whose to say the wait will be a year? If it does take that long for the good BlackBerry 10 devices to come out after the first devices then RIM is really screwed. All we know for sure is that the first BlackBerry 10 devices are not top of the line.

Me personally, I'm not buying one of the first BlackBerry 10 devices because I am a developer with a Dev Alpha and several BlackBerry 10 apps in app world. So I expect to have the developer device. But if I wasn't getting that I would be waiting for the new devices. The rumoured road map has a quad-core BlackBerry releasing a few months after the first bb10 device. Look at how mad iPad 3 owners are right now. Can you imagine how ticked off people will be if their shiny new bb10 device is replaced with a much better model after 3 months? Not worth the risk for me.
    10-28-12 09:35 AM
    Between January & March is when we will see BB10.
    Yes, we are all aware of that. That is what it means by 1st Quarter of 2013.
    10-28-12 10:22 PM
    All their BB10 devices need to have over 4.3 inch screens - including the keyboard with full touch screen BB. Samsung and HTC raised the bar and now Apple and RIM are all playing catch up. I don't know if i can wait past Q1.
    10-28-12 11:03 PM
    To quote Mr Heins....its not about the specs its about the experience. If the phone works smoothly, gets the work done smothly, and is not missing anything, why wait for a few extra cores that may or may not make that much difference. We have been running on single core 1 gh or less processors with an antiquated OS, and reduced memory. The L and N will seem lightning fast in comparrison.
    10-29-12 04:02 AM