I have a semi-new blackberry curve and I am not able to read my sms inbox messages. The phone shows a notification for a new message but when i go to my inbox, there's no messages there. Is it filing them to a different place? What do i need to do to be able to view them again?
    06-19-08 07:43 AM
    Messages > Options > View Folder, look in the different folders. If there are not any messages you are looking for in any of them, do a battery pull with the device on, leave out for 30 seconds and replace.

Also check your free memory Options > Status. If it is low (10 000 000 MB), your device may be deleting the messages to gain memory back.
    06-19-08 07:56 AM
    My memory says:
    File Free: 14678620 Bytes
    File Total: 54919168
    Is this good? I looked in the other folders and there were no messages. Could i have accidentally set it to delete messages or something?
    06-19-08 08:03 AM
    Your free memory is adequate. I don't believe there is an option to auto delete. Do the battery pull, then check your free memory again. You will see that it gain a little memory.
    Then go to Messages > Options > General Options, set Confirm Delete to Yes. That will set the device to Prompt you when you want to delete a message.
    06-19-08 08:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD