A similar question was posted (twice) to this group over a year ago, but it got no response. Hopefully someone will be able to help me, but after days of searching I fear that the problem is a feature limitation of the BB, although i haven't even been able to confirm that either.

Problem: My work WiFi uses WPA-PSK security. I do not know the ascii key (8-63 characters), but I do know the 64-character hexadecimal key. When I enter this into my BB it will not let me save the key, complaining that it isn't between 8-63 characters.

Question: Is there any way to get the BB to accept a 64-character hexadecimal key for WPA-PSK security?

A response of "call the help desk to get the passsphrase" isn't really responsive to the question, and I have already fully read the WiFi tutorial that is posted here.

Thanks in advance...
    12-26-09 12:19 PM
    Finally found a post with my issue and sadly no one has the answer...

Would love to see a reply to this!
    01-22-10 03:45 PM
    bump...........
    05-01-10 08:42 AM
    It seems to me BB won't accept a hex key that long, I'm not even sure it accepts ANY hex key. You could try converting the key to ASCII characters but you probably won't be able to enter it with 100% certainty on the keyboard, since most of the characters are likely to be unprintable characters.
    05-01-10 01:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD