Very happy with my Tour except that for some reason I can't sync Outlook using BT although it syncs fine using usb cable. The weird thing is that the computer apparently is unable to load a necessary driver but both the Vista computer and the 9630 recognize each other using BT. In fact I actually listened to music that was on the 9630 via the computer speakers using BT (Also, the 9630 BT works fine in my car with no problems at all).

I noticed that when I tried to sync using BT I would see an icon in the lower right corner of my computer screen indicating that a driver was being installed. However, I would finally get an error saying that it could not be installed. When I checked Windows Device Manager on my computer I noticed the following error under each of two "Bluetooth Peripheral Devices":

" This device is not configured correctly. (Code 1)
    There is no driver selected for the device information set or element.
    To reinstall the drivers for this device, click Reinstall Driver."

I have tired using the Windows Device Manager to reinstall the driver but it could not find it after searching both on my computer and on the internet.

I never had this problem before with my 8830 using the prior version of Desktop Manager. I should note that the DM disk that came with the Sprint phone seemed to be faulty. I tried loading it a couple of times only to have the installation freeze up. Even uninstalling it caused issues. So I finally went to the BB site and downloaded DM 5.0 from there and it installed very quickly. As I said, everything seems to work fine, even syncing using the usb cable, other than syncing via BT.

Is there any where to try to find and reinstall the missing BT driver?
    07-21-09 08:07 PM
    Below are the dialog boxes that pop up while trying unsuccessfully to use BT to sync to Outlook (I can however sync using ubs cable). Any thoughts on how to fix the issue???

Found New Hardware : Windows needs to install driver software for your Bluetooth peripheral device.

Driver Software Installation : Bluetooth Peripheral Device - Searching preconfigured driver folders

Intellisync : Failed to connect to the device. Please make sure that the device is properly connected and try again.

None of this makes sense to me since the Desktop Manager clearly shows in the lower left hand corner that it is connected to my Tour : "Device connnected (PIN xxxxxxx)"
    07-22-09 10:55 AM
    I went through this too. Here's what I did:

Assuming the bluetooth is otherwise working (paired) w/ the Tour, open BT Devices >> COM Ports >> here you may see one or none in the window.

You need to add 2 COM ports for the two services (those two drivers that seemed to fail)

Click 'add' >> Incoming >> click 'OK' and it will insert a com port, probably in the upper 15-40 range; do this twice for the two functions;

Close and go to the BB DM >> Options >> Connection Options >> Turn on BT >> configure BT >> and you should see your 9630 sitting there happily waiting to do your bidding.

Hope that's your issue.
    07-30-09 06:48 PM
    What operating system are you using. I am using Vista Home Premium with DM 5.0 and it synced without any issues at all. Well, it did pop up a couple boxes saying the drivers weren't working but obviously they do.
    07-30-09 08:00 PM
    I have a similar problem and was referred to Knowledge Base Article #KB18701, which says to perform a Security Wipe and refers you to KB14058 which gives instructions but warns you to back up your Blackberry first and refers you to KB12487.

This is where it gets fun!

Remember the issue is not being able to connect to Desktop Manager. KB12487 says "connect the BB smartphone to the computer running Desktop Manager"

Really?
    10-09-09 02:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD