Since the messenger 5 update, my blackberry calendar doesn't sync with outlook anymore. Everything else (contacts, memos, etc.) work fine. Calender sync was okay before the update.

Can anyone offer any suggestions get things back to normal?
    10-08-09 03:47 AM
    Go to calendar open options. Turn sync off then reboot then turn sync back on. Then resend your service books.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-08-09 06:08 AM
    Do you have the correct default CICAL?
    10-08-09 12:09 PM
    did you resolve this? I am having the same rpoblem
    10-08-09 12:13 PM
    I have just tested my Outlook Calender Sync, no problems related to the BlackBerry Messenger install.
    10-08-09 12:29 PM
    Thanks Reed, I am still trying to figure out what the problem is. It happened after the messenger install, I noticed another person having the same issue, so I am pretty certain it will begin to pop up some more. Thanks for checking.
    10-08-09 12:35 PM
    I would suggest checking the configuration settings in BlackBerry Desktop Manger, Syncronize.

The default is a two way sync of Calender, MemoPad, Address Book and Tasks.

If something has changed, you should be able to reconfigure it from there.
    10-08-09 01:12 PM
    I would suggest checking the configuration settings in BlackBerry Desktop Manger, Syncronize.

The default is a two way sync of Calender, MemoPad, Address Book and Tasks.

If something has changed, you should be able to reconfigure it from there.
    Already did that, nothing in the config. settings has been changed. I checked the folder mapping also and all is fine. Ughh, this may get frustrating
    10-08-09 02:32 PM
    I'm having the same problem. Checked the settings in DM and they are correct and haven't changed. I did notice on the device under calendar options i have one that says Group along with my 2 email accounts. Could this be causing the problem. I tried deleteing it but can't figure out how.
    10-08-09 03:04 PM
    Yeah, its really annoying me!
    10-08-09 05:24 PM
    Problem solved! after several steps taken, I ended up wiping and reinstalling my OS, I suppose that something got corrupted in there.
    10-08-09 08:04 PM
    having same problem, any idea how to fix without wiping and reinstalling?
    10-08-09 09:48 PM
    having same problem, any idea how to fix without wiping and reinstalling?

I tried several steps to fix it,, I downgraded to BBM 4.6, Deleted all CICAL entries in the service books, Reinstalled desktop manager, I even did a repair on the outlook PST file, None of them worked. It was the wipe and reinstall that did it for me. Took all of about 15 minutes to get the job done. I'm not sure what got corrupted, but I suspect it was BBM 5.0 that did something to the BB OS.
    10-08-09 10:03 PM
    I'm having the same issue! HELP!! Does anyone have a fix yet?
    10-09-09 04:15 PM
    I am having the same problem as "a77boy" I am ready to wipe and reinstall as well can't believe thats the only solution but I am doing it now !!
    10-28-09 08:33 PM
    I did a full wipe and reload everything back to normal !!
    10-28-09 09:56 PM
    I actually just reinstalled Outlook and need the sync info off my handheld.... it seems every time in the past that I backed it up the one thing that never restored was my calendar information....so I guess it's looking like I'm screwed since my phone won't sync?

I think I got it, I had some email set ups that hadnt been reset properly. This thread definitely helped me determine the issue, thanks everyone that contributes to Crackberry.com, cause Verizon and RIM definitely don't do much!
    Last edited by tecrekka; 10-29-09 at 11:13 PM.
    10-29-09 11:02 PM
    Nope, I jumped the gun, that didn't work. When I look in Calendar the option for "wireless synchronization" is set to "no" and grayed out so I can't change it??

Now I've determined that it will sync from outlook to device, but not the other way. Im running XP Pro btw.
    Last edited by tecrekka; 10-29-09 at 11:39 PM.
    10-29-09 11:19 PM
    10-29-09 11:41 PM
    Yep, I tried that to no avail. Even deleted the files in system books and resent the info and nothing.
    10-30-09 12:11 AM
    Are your calendar entries on the default CICAL address or are they set to Device Default?
    10-30-09 07:50 AM
    what a POS
    I'm totally getting ready to wipe mine. resent the service books, EVERYTHING, and no joy.
    Anyone else manage to fix this? Mind you, I'm working on a macbook, and I think I will try it on the windows side to see if it does the same thing there, but I"m getting TICKED OFF!
    It used to work just fine!
    11-14-09 02:57 PM
    Someone told me that with 5.0 I could wirelessly sync contacts, calendar, memos from Exchange Server. Before 5.0, I could only sync email wirelessly.

anyone know how to configure wireless sync? I do NOT have BES!
    11-15-09 09:48 AM
    First there is a difference between BBM version 5 and OS5. This thread is for BBM 5 and not the new OS.

With that said, I think you have been led astray. That functionality has not been added to BIS and still remains a BES component.
    11-15-09 10:56 AM
    Hi a77boy

I have the same problem. I downloaded BBM 5.0 and my outlook sync doesn't work any more. The Memo, Adress book works propertly, but I have problem with my calendar. You said that you upgrade your BB OS. Can you tell me wath version?

Right Now I have BBM 5.0, BB OS 4.6 and BB Desktop Manager 5.0.1
    11-25-09 10:57 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD