I have the 8330 Curve, and when I go to send a picture, my only option is to send it via e-mail. Why am I not able to just send it from my phone to another phone without email?? How do I get it to send an MMS regularly?? =[ My ****ty flip phone sent pic msgs and I'm going to be completely disappointed if my Blackberry cant. PLease helppp!!!
    10-22-08 02:53 PM
    You must be with sprint...I have the same problem but from what I have read...Nov. 4th sprint will have MMS. Just what I have read not sure if it is fact
    10-22-08 02:57 PM
    Hi Darron, where did you read that?

And yes Landon, Sprint is like one of like two or three companies that doesn't let you do MMS on the BB
    Last edited by flchick75; 10-22-08 at 03:57 PM.
    10-22-08 03:40 PM
    Landon, it would be helpful if you could fill out what carrier you have in your profile. If you are on Sprint, you won't have MMS.
    10-22-08 03:45 PM
    There's a huge thread somewhere on here about a workaround for that. In a nutshell as long as you know what carrier the recipient is on you e-mail the pic to (using Sprint as an example) "10digitphonenumber@pm.sprint.com." Verizon is "@vzwpix.com" and AT&T is "@mms.att.net." Do a search for it and it'll explain it better in detail. Hope it works for ya.
    10-22-08 03:45 PM
    My carrier is nTelos Wireless, which isn't offered as a carrier option when I signed up for Crackberry.
    Last edited by anon(153966); 10-22-08 at 04:13 PM.
    10-22-08 03:48 PM
    thank u TXChubbyRN, looks like thats what i'll have to do.. but then do they have to send them to me in email form??
    10-22-08 03:50 PM
    My carrier is nTelos Wireless, which isn't offered as a carrier option when I signed up for Crackberry.
    It's a plain text field. You can type whatever in the Carrier field.
    Last edited by sunkast; 10-22-08 at 04:33 PM.
    10-22-08 04:00 PM
    I just called sprint and got a rep on the phone who didn't know what he was talking about (of course)...he had to ask 3-4 coworkers and then came back and said that it wasn't going to be available in the future either from what he found out.

Go Sprint!
    10-22-08 04:21 PM
    thank u TXChubbyRN, looks like thats what i'll have to do.. but then do they have to send them to me in email form??
    No they can send via MMS and you'll receive it just fine. One thing I did have to do is remove the BlackBerry signature from my e-mail account before it worked. That has to be done via website but being that I've only done it through Sprint I'm not sure how you'll have to do it with your service provider. Give them a call.
    10-22-08 04:27 PM
    No they can send via MMS and you'll receive it just fine. One thing I did have to do is remove the BlackBerry signature from my e-mail account before it worked. That has to be done via website but being that I've only done it through Sprint I'm not sure how you'll have to do it with your service provider. Give them a call.
    I do not seem to be able to receive any MMS - no pics or vids on my 8830.
    I have used thwe workaround to email pics to their number@carrier - and that works, but I cannot receive.
    Should I be able to?
    12-15-08 11:47 AM
    When I had my moto Q (windows mobile smartphone) somefrom from PPCgeeks had created a program that basically was an interface to Sprint's Picture Mail website, but allowed you to format and send pictures from your phone (no videos). This application worked flawless and was a great workaround. I wonder if any of the BB programers here could possibly put something together that does the same thing (until Sprint allows MMS). Just a thought. I don't know the complications of creating such an interface. Here's the link of the original program.

hxxp://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=22509

**Replace xx for tt obviously.
    12-15-08 11:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD