I recently got a new pearl after my old one broke. When i put my memory card in the new one, i get a pop up that says media card inserted, will not be able to view media. When i go into the media card option it tells me that i will have to format my mem card for it to work right. of course i don't want to delete my old pics.

Any hints/ideas? TY
    01-01-10 08:33 PM
    I hope that you did not have content protection enabled - you need the original device for that.

If that's not an issue, if you still have problems, you might investigate a card reader for your computer that skips the BB. Copy the files that way, then format as it seems to want.
    01-01-10 08:42 PM
    I hope that you did not have content protection enabled - you need the original device for that.

If that's not an issue, if you still have problems, you might investigate a card reader for your computer that skips the BB. Copy the files that way, then format as it seems to want.
    01-01-10 08:43 PM
    yupz sounds like you had content protection enabled on the old device and the only way to disable content protection from the files currently on there is using the old device
    01-01-10 09:37 PM
    I still have the old device, how do I fix this using the old device?
    01-02-10 07:12 PM
    I have not used content protection but I guess, slip the card in the old device and then go to whereever content protection is located and turn if off???

Unfortunately, I just looked at my Tour and I don't know where CONTENT PROTECTION is enabled/disabled??? I thought it was Options/Security.

I just did a quick search and that appears to be the place but I don't see it on my tour.

Someone else may be able to help.
    01-02-10 10:32 PM
    Safest thing is to copy files using a card reader. Let the new phone format the card. Then copy the files back over into new folders

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-02-10 10:36 PM
    He can't access them outside of the ORIGINAL device. Although, he could try placing the card in the original device and then using the usb, copying them to a computer. If they are content protected, they should be accessible from the original bb.
    01-03-10 12:35 AM
    Put the media card back into the original device and then go to options, media card, and then scroll down to encryption mode and switch it to none. This will allow the new device to read the card.
    01-03-10 05:51 AM
    i tried putting the card into the old device and removing encryption option, however that isn't working either. I will try copying files, formatting and re-copying to the card.
    01-03-10 09:19 AM
    still isn't working.
    01-04-10 09:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD