I purchased an audible audiobook from itunes but it will not play on my blackberry due to DRM, audible says they cant do anything cause its from itunes and itunes says they cant do anything cause its from audible, anyone encountered this before?
    10-13-09 06:47 PM
    yes, every person who's ever bought anything off of iTunes has.

One way that's popular, is burn the file to a CD, then re-rip the CD to your itunes, the new files should be stripped of the DRM.
    10-13-09 07:37 PM
    Sultan speaks the truth. Burn it, rip it, jam it!
    10-13-09 08:45 PM
    If you have an external hard drive you can do it that way too. Just convert it to the HD then do it back to the PC, it will be DRM free then,
    10-13-09 08:51 PM
    If you have an external hard drive you can do it that way too. Just convert it to the HD then do it back to the PC, it will be DRM free then,
    Interesting, I didn't realize this would work. It doesn't just create a copy? Or, do you mean Import it?
    10-13-09 09:04 PM
    Interesting, I didn't realize this would work. It doesn't just create a copy? Or, do you mean Import it?
    I guess it would be import, but I'm not sure. It's been a while but I converted my whole Itunes library this way sometime ago. It was just right click and it converted them to mp3 in the process. I'm sorry I don't exactly recall how, but it was so easy it was dumb(it took forever though).
    10-13-09 10:32 PM
    yes, every person who's ever bought anything off of iTunes has.

One way that's popular, is burn the file to a CD, then re-rip the CD to your itunes, the new files should be stripped of the DRM.
    can it? I only know it is usable for music and songs but not movies videos and audio book.
    12-28-09 07:01 AM
    You should be able to install the Audible software on your BlackBerry and then authorize your BlackBerry in your Audible account.
    12-28-09 11:52 AM
    I was going to ask if you tried to listen to the file through the Audible software, or just the basic media player. Don't know if that would make a difference.
    12-28-09 02:16 PM
    Not sure if it will work since you bought the book from iTunes instead of directly from Audible but Audible does have a BB App that you can install on your BB and listen to or download books in your library directly on your phone. I cannot post links yet since I am a Newbie but if you go to the Audible website it has a place to send a link to your phone to download the app. It is worth a shot. You can Google search audible blackberry app and it will pull up where to go in audible to get the app or visit the audible mobile website on your phone to download.
    12-30-09 03:12 PM
    Audible doesn't have software for the Storm 2 as of yet!
    12-30-09 03:48 PM
    Audible doesn't have software for the Storm 2 as of yet!
    I did not know that. that stinks. Maybe they will get it soon for Storm 2 and for the 9700.
    12-30-09 03:56 PM
    I did not know that. that stinks. Maybe they will get it soon for Storm 2 and for the 9700.
    Audible is now available for the Bold 2. Audible
    12-31-09 09:25 PM
    Audible is now available for Storm 2! www.audible.com/bb
    01-08-10 09:53 AM
    When I connect my BB to my computer I see the audiobooks on my BB that I downloaded. But I can't find them when I disconnect. Any ideas where I can find them? I'm using I-tunes if that means anything.
    07-09-16 05:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD