New problem that has cropped up for a single user on our BES, hope someone can offer some assistance.

Corporate BES user, BlackBerry 8700, account through Cingular. Problem started about two months ago, here's the particulars:

1. Could not open attachments sent from non-domain mailboxes (i.e., mail from cox.net ~> [email protected]. User received service book errors, and the attachments would not open.

2. Could open attachments sent from mailboxes within the same domain (i.e., co-worker to himself).

3. Was unable to browse the web through his BlackBerry Internet browser, but could through the standard Internet browser. He is unsure if this was previous behavior, or a new issue.

4. Have tried re-sending service books, wiping and re-adding the account from the BES + handheld wipe. No luck, same problem re-occurs.

5. User also told me today that he occasionally receives a "Sim Card Error", and has to reseat the SIM card for it to boot properly. I don't know if this could be the sole source of the problem or not. Also, can a local Cingular store check his SIM card to see if it is defective?

Thanks in advance for the help. Long time lurker, never posted before today. Great site! :-)
    12-03-07 08:43 AM
    You should try calling the support line first. There was a guy here at work that had the same problem. He went through several handhelds, SIM cards, etc. It would work intermittently, but always get that SIM card error. Finally, the problem ended up being something with his account.
    12-03-07 09:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD