It's killing me but I can't provide any hope or show any evidence to my kids that they should stick with BB and RIM. If RIM is truly going to fight back they need to start now. I have nothing to sell my kids on your behalf and i am a loyalist, but am frustrated with the pace of information and news from RIM on what they are doing, so come and start getting the message out now, the consumer needs to see what they are waiting for! Even 2 more months is too late as it will take 3 months past that to gain traction. Yesterday was late and tomorrow is has become unrecoverable!

Sorry for the poorly scripted post, must have been too tired and slightly tipsy.
    Last edited by ricocan; 06-14-12 at 09:10 AM. Reason: Poorly written.
    06-08-12 12:38 AM
    Huh?.......
    06-08-12 12:45 AM
    Would like to help but I do not understand the post.....
    06-08-12 12:57 AM
    *blink*

Maybe if I turn my phone upside down?

*nwod edispu*

Nope.

I got blisters on me fingers! from using Tapatalk.
    06-08-12 01:06 AM
    e.� what?
    06-08-12 01:11 AM
    Whatcha talkin' bout, Willis?

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    06-08-12 01:29 AM
    Lolx time pass post
    06-08-12 01:38 AM
    Do they "DO" ?
    06-08-12 03:19 AM
    Crack is wack.
    06-08-12 03:26 AM
    Maybe if you held the post up to a mirror and read it that way......
    06-08-12 05:23 AM
    Autocorrect gone wild. Dude, you need to look back at what you just typed - or rather what the phone just typed for you.

I agree, kids want what's coolest. As soon as they can afford to buy their own, rather than getting a hand-me-down from mom or dad, they don't stay with BlackBerry. But that's okay, blackberry isn't for everyone, and it's not the best among the toys. RIM is positioning itself as a business only device manufacturer, and that's okay too.
    06-08-12 06:27 AM
    If I get the point of the OPs post, I think he is saying RIM is loosing the newest generation of mobile device consumers because those consumers don't even know what RIM will soon have to offer. I agree RIM MUST start showing what is coming to lock purchasing decisions now. Every 2/3 year contract is a customer they likely will never have. Most people will wait if they believe a really cool option is a few months away.

It is not going to hurt RIMs sales to lock purchases now because they are not selling much in the US anyway. And the sales they do have are almost all business which is not going to care about replacing devices.
    kevinnugent, vrs626 and ricocan like this.
    06-08-12 10:16 AM
    It's. Killing me but I can't provide any hope or show any evidence to my kids that they should stick with BB and Richard RIM. If RIM id truly going to fight back they need to start now. I have nothing to sell on your behalf and i am a loyalist, come and start getting the message out now, the consumer needs to see what they are waiting for! Even 2 more months is too late as it will take z3past that to gain traction. Yesterday was late and tomorrow is has become unrecoverable!
    It's (The fact that his kids will not be upgrading and/or sticking with the BB platform)

That fact is killing him because try as he might, he cannot provide proof that RIM is going to get better. If RIM wants to show people that they are not dead, then they have to come out with all guns blazing (seriously? What is so difficult about understanding the OP?)

He has nothing left to persuade with, but he is still an avid BB fan. The OP wants them (RIM ) to begin to get the word out NOW, because the wait for BB10 is still months away. They should have begun advertising yesterday, and even if they started full bore tomorrow, it would probably be too late.
    ricocan likes this.
    06-08-12 10:42 AM
    who is Richard RIM??
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    06-08-12 10:44 AM
    O.o ...that was my face while reading this.
    What are you saying? Lol.
    06-08-12 11:02 AM
    It's (The fact that his kids will not be upgrading and/or sticking with the BB platform)

That fact is killing him because try as he might, he cannot provide proof that RIM is going to get better. If RIM wants to show people that they are not dead, then they have to come out with all guns blazing (seriously? What is so difficult about understanding the OP?)

He has nothing left to persuade with, but he is still an avid BB fan. The OP wants them (RIM ) to begin to get the word out NOW, because the wait for BB10 is still months away. They should have begun advertising yesterday, and even if they started full bore tomorrow, it would probably be too late.

I don't really agree that RIM should start advertising bb10 aggressively yet. For one thing they don't even have a release date yet. What are you going to tell people in the ads? Not to mention, if they don't say a date, everyone assumes its soon and gets disappointed when it's not.

Secondly they haven't actually finished the product. There's nothing to show in the ads. People need to see a good phone and say "I want that". They don't buy things based on hypothetical promises.

Finally, though it seems weird to us on this site, some people might not know that os7 is reaching its end. Seeing ads for bb10 would hurt sales for those devices, reducing their revenue and making it hard for them to do a successful bb10 launch.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    06-08-12 11:15 AM
    I don't really agree that RIM should start advertising bb10 aggressively yet. For one thing they don't even have a release date yet. What are you going to tell people in the ads? Not to mention, if they don't say a date, everyone assumes its soon and gets disappointed when it's not.

Secondly they haven't actually finished the product. There's nothing to show in the ads. People need to see a good phone and say "I want that". They don't buy things based on hypothetical promises.

Finally, though it seems weird to us on this site, some people might not know that os7 is reaching its end. Seeing ads for bb10 would hurt sales for those devices, reducing their revenue and making it hard for them to do a successful bb10 launch.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk

I happen to agree with you. My post was not about agreeing with the OP, but rather breaking it down for the people who couldn't understand his point. Personally, I have seen enough of these types of posts/threads. What can you do?

Cheers,

Sent from my fingers on a 9900 using Tapatalk
    06-08-12 11:24 AM
    It's. Killing me but I can't provide any hope or show any evidence to my kids that they should stick with BB and Richard RIM. If RIM id truly going to fight back they need to start now. I have nothing to sell on your behalf and i am a loyalist, come and start getting the message out now, the consumer needs to see what they are waiting for! Even 2 more months is too late as it will take z3past that to gain traction. Yesterday was late and tomorrow is has become unrecoverable!
    .....Dunno ?
    Last edited by Ben1232; 06-08-12 at 01:42 PM.
    06-08-12 12:29 PM
    Thanks to those who could read through the mess of my original post. I am in fact trying to keep my kids interested in what BB has to offer and it's been difficult. They want all touch screen and white. What's important to me is we (my family) are safe while on any kind of network, we are unified in how we connect and communicate and I believe (based on what I read in these pages ) that BB provides the best available solution. I am also proudly Canadian and want to see RIM succeed, not as the greatest overall but at least solid in the niche it's targeting. If it's a business device then partner with someone who provides an inexpensive toy that can use some of the really good security and communications features of a BB. Actually my daughter could care less about apps, she's all about social connection and communication, photos,videos, music and sharing.

I have found the recent CB articles showing a hands on of BB10 useful, she sees a couple of features as cool, all touch (wants it in white ), and the photo tool that was shown off in App World. Show her an integrated social tool and she'll be more easily convinced to wait.

That all said, the new. BB10 may not be geared for a16 year old, but I still want it to talk to her via BBM, SMS is fine but incomplete, with BBM i get more information about what she's communicating to her community of friends via her status, and I get high reliability delivery and Receipt of messages. I hope to see a RIM made phone for business, and a partner licensed to provide the toys.

Sorry a bit long winded, but hopefully more understandable.
    06-16-12 12:50 AM
    How can RIM flaunt a new OS and hope to sell the old stuff at the same time? This is part of their problem right now. Pundits have referred to it as schizophrenic marketing: "Buy our stuff, which sucks so hard we had to start all over." Fun.
    kevinnugent likes this.
    06-16-12 01:10 AM
    If I'm paying the bills, they get what I buy them. I don't care what they want, because I want to be able to send them a BBM and know when it is delivered and read, and I want them to be able to reach me when I'm on international travel or vice versa. My oldest getting ready to go to college wants to keep a keyboard when I bring up all touch, probably because he sends and receives 5000 txts a month. My middle is just happy to have a phone, and my youngest who will be getting a phone when BB10 drops (I'll get BB10 and he may get my Bold) will just have to deal with it (he would possibly want an iPhone because he is an iPod touch user). If they want something else then they can pay for the phone and the bill! Just because kids may want something, doesn't mean that they should or have to get it!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Crackberry App!
    06-16-12 08:30 AM
    This is my approach. If the kids are on my plan they use what I give them.
    Most of my family are BB and BBM fans. That includes the kids.
    If anyone wants to move to something else they can, provided they get their own phone and get their own plan, and pay for it themselves.
    Interestingly, even most who can get their own, still choose a BB. It's a family thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    06-16-12 08:59 AM
    I get them what they want. It's not what you give a child that spoils them, it's what you take from them.
    06-16-12 10:19 AM
    It's killing me but I can't provide any hope or show any evidence to my kids that they should stick with BB and RIM. If RIM is truly going to fight back they need to start now. I have nothing to sell my kids on your behalf and i am a loyalist, but am frustrated with the pace of information and news from RIM on what they are doing, so come and start getting the message out now, the consumer needs to see what they are waiting for! Even 2 more months is too late as it will take 3 months past that to gain traction. Yesterday was late and tomorrow is has become unrecoverable!

Sorry for the poorly scripted post, must have been too tired and slightly tipsy.
    Why not just google the blackberry camera app video and keyboard video.. There are more and more good articles about rim. Tell them that new os powers high speed trains and nuclear reactors, that its in cars etc...
    06-16-12 10:28 AM
    Why not just google the blackberry camera app video and keyboard video.. There are more and more good articles about rim. Tell them that new os powers high speed trains and nuclear reactors, that its in cars etc...
    Not only that, the way things are going it might be in the new iPhone!
    06-16-12 10:44 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD