When i try to browse whilst connected by wifi,I get this message.

Unable to connect to the internet,please try again later. If the problem persists please contact your service provider.

My wifi dignostics give me a little x beside connection under UMA and it says ISP error.DNS server cannot be reached.Please help its driving me mad.

I have tried a battery pull and i went to host routing table and registered..which is all i salvaged from googling
    06-23-09 02:03 PM
    Are you sure Wifi is enabled on your router?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-09 10:15 PM
    Ye,it works on the laptops here
    06-24-09 02:17 AM
    anymore suggestions?Im desperate:{
    06-24-09 05:03 PM
    i had the same problem and all i did was to install the latest os and hey all my connection problem was gone i now connect without any problems and it stays connected you should try upgrading
    06-30-09 09:01 AM
    When i try to browse whilst connected by wifi,I get this message.

Unable to connect to the internet,please try again later. If the problem persists please contact your service provider.

My wifi dignostics give me a little x beside connection under UMA and it says ISP error.DNS server cannot be reached.Please help its driving me mad.

I have tried a battery pull and i went to host routing table and registered..which is all i salvaged from googling
    That is why we use the diagnostics. That messge means you do have a satisfactory Wifi connection, but your carrier is experiencing problems with their UMA network components.

You can try callling customer service, in my experience, it's pointless. CS is not advised when other departments have issues. The only solution is to wait it out.
    06-30-09 10:56 AM
    Im using an unlocked bb that was originally on Orange.Im using it on an irish network here
    07-03-09 01:13 PM
    Try to call your carrier. They might have to unblock the data access to get the wi-fi to work. You won't need to subscribe the data service.
    07-05-09 01:57 AM
    ye but the irish networks here dont even sell blackberrys,i bought it from the uk where it was originally on orange,so no customer service for me.Im reading on the forums that i cant remove the branding from the phone so am i stuck?

Although it did work fine in my friends house,so i think its my router.Might borrow a different router from somebody
    07-05-09 06:43 AM
    Ahh... that expains why you are not able to use the UMA connection, it does require carrier support.

You are able to make voice calls and use SMS texting. None of the BlackBerry specific programs, Email, Messages, Maps or most third party apps will work with carrier support.

Now, we can focus on what is possible.

When you do have a Wifi connection, you will be able to use the Hotspot Browser in a Wifi zone.

You mention it has connected to a different router, that means your router is not correctly configured for BlackBerry.

The first requirement, it must support 802.11g. Some of the new routers default to 802.11n, which is not compatable.

If your router is correct, it may be an internal setting causing the problem. The simplest way to troubleshoot is to restore the router to factory defaults. That will leave it Open, which is the simplest connection.

Once you have it connected, you can introduce security to both again.

There is one setting that will make all the difference.

Options / Advanced Options / Browser. If Hotspot Browser is the default, your good. If not, change it.
    07-05-09 10:21 AM
    ok i set it to factory defaults then set it to 802.11g instead of 802.11b/g.My router never had security.Still no luck.
    07-05-09 11:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD