Hi all,
    During the outage last night, I thought the problem was with my Blackberry Messenger, so I deleted it in hopes of re-installing it. Now I can't get it back. When I try to download it from the Web site on my phone, it says "Sorry, your device does not meet the system requirements that are needed to support BlackBerry Messenger."
    I can't download it with the Dekstop Manager because I lost my USB cord.
    If I perform a "wipe" of the device, will it put Messenger back on my phone?
    Thanks!
    12-23-09 09:11 AM
    No, Wiping your BlackBerry will erase data and settings, but it can not restore a deleted application.

It appears you guessed correctly, BlackBerry Messenger was the root cause of the outage yesterday.

We encourage all members to upgrade to v5.0.0.57, available from BlackBerry App World.

@OP were you using App World when you got that message?
    12-23-09 09:16 AM
    Download it through app world or through blackberry direct @ www.blackberry.com/messenger
    12-23-09 09:18 AM
    I tried it through the App World and through the Web site .. same message both times.
    How do I upgrade to v5.0.0.57? I can't seem to find it when searching through the apps.
    12-23-09 09:33 AM
    I suspect you may be experiencing trouble becasue of your current device software.

Check: Options / About.

Third line down is your software version. If it is v4.2xx, you may have to upgrade to the current v4.5xx before you can install BlackBerry Messenger.

https://www.blackberry.com/hhupgrade/

12-23-09 09:40 AM
    Looks like I need to upgrade. Can't find my cord, so maybe after Christmas I can borrow one from somebody. Thanks for the help!
    12-23-09 10:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD