For a device that is reputed to be so mail-centric, I am finding it's mail inferface lacking some fundamental functionality when dealing with existing messages.

I already discovered you can't edit replied text, forcing you to use a top reply format and making it almost impossible to reply in line (without copy, paste, delete original PITA).

But today I seem to have run into a brick wall with no apparent workaround... Perhaps someone knows the way around the wall:

I have a message with an attached file. The file has no native BB viewer (CAD file). I need to forward this attachemt via E-mail. If you pick "forward" or "forward as" you can apparently forward it, however when forwarding, there is no "delete original" option. I need to email just the attachment, not the original text email which is private and propriatery.

I can't save the attachment from within the BB mail client as far as I can see, so I can't "detach" it from the original mail message. And I can find no way to remove the original text from a forward.

Anyone know a workaround?

This bites.
    03-25-08 07:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD