Unfortunately I rushed this last OS upgrade on my Tour/VZW and did not manually backup my files.

However, as per Verizons site, I did check off the "backup files automatically during installation process" option before the install.

Problem now is, I cant find where these backup files are exactly.

Ive checked everywhere for IPD files; why would this be an option if in actuallity it does not work? Maybe im looking in the wrong place???
    04-01-10 10:17 PM
    I think they are usually saved to your My Documents folder???? At least mine always have been...
    04-01-10 10:25 PM
    Have you done a search for *.ipd and make sure that hidden/system, basically, all files are shown. As noted in the above reply, mine are in my Documents folder (vista home premium)
    04-01-10 10:58 PM
    I think they are usually saved to your My Documents folder???? At least mine always have been...
    Have you done a search for *.ipd and make sure that hidden/system, basically, all files are shown. As noted in the above reply, mine are in my Documents folder (vista home premium)
    Ive got all folders shown and ive checked in the Blackberry folder in My Docs.

Nothing there. I cant believe this...

I do have automatic backup on VZW-does that include any SMS or Messenger info?

Why didnt this backup thing work??? Im gonna lose sleep over this tonight.
    04-01-10 11:13 PM
    Did you do the update directly on the phone or using the usb-computer? I've never done an OTA. DM has backed up but as you noted in the negative, I've always done a manual backup just in case.

What is the vzw backup? Is that backup assistant? I think that is only contacts.
    04-02-10 12:19 AM
    Be remember your Folder when you back Up. pay attention on it
    .........huh?
    04-02-10 08:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD