I need an app that will give me longitude and latitiude, i tried to see if blackberry maps and google maps would but i dont think they do, any recommendations would be appreciated.
    08-15-09 08:55 AM
    Blackberry already has a tool for you to obtain the coordinates. Go to Tools, select Advanced Options, select GPS, click the options key (the one with dots to the left of the track ball) and select Refresh GPS.
    08-15-09 09:58 AM
    Blackstar (free) from the crackberry store will do that for you as well

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-09 10:00 AM
    Blackberry already has a tool for you to obtain the coordinates. Go to Tools, select Advanced Options, select GPS, click the options key (the one with dots to the left of the track ball) and select Refresh GPS.
    The 8330 does not have this option.
    08-15-09 11:38 AM
    Blackstar Navigation - A free geocaching hiking and navigational utility for BlackBerry devices

BlackStar 1.5 Features
    Great for GeoCaching
    Great for Hiking
    Save the location of your campsite while hiking
    Submit cache updates
    Field Notes per Waypoint
    Directional Compass
    Integration with Google Maps and BlackBerry maps
    Night Mode
    GPX/LOC Importing
    Search for 20 nearest caches
    BackLight Lock
    Supports BlackBerry Devices
    Improved Storm Support
    Track Functionality

Nice feature set. I wonder if it works with all carriers, including those that attempt to disable the GPS.
    08-15-09 11:42 AM
    Thanks I will try that blackstar!

08-15-09 12:06 PM
    downloaded blackstar on my 8330. message no gps device found. gps found in advanced options..gps data source and services (location on). no "refresh gps" option given in menu. carrier verizon
    08-17-09 12:37 AM
    Have u tried amAze GPS? It works for me. 8330m device. Alltel/VZW carrier.

08-17-09 01:30 AM
    No 3rd-party applications work on an 8330 from Verizon. It's locked down so only BBM and VZNav work.

Stengel, you've probably got an 8330 if you're on Alltel/VZW. 8330m were from Sprint, made for Sprint, because of MMS capabilities. AmazeGPS will -NOT- work on a VZW phone because, again, it's locked down and just doesn't work. It's that simple.
    08-17-09 04:24 AM
    downloaded blackstar on my 8330. message no gps device found. gps found in advanced options..gps data source and services (location on). no "refresh gps" option given in menu. carrier verizon
    Read post #4.
    08-17-09 06:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD