Hey guys I have an issue that I just cant seem to figure out. About 30 minutes after I send a text message I get several drafts to the same number show up in my inbox. I have done two os wipes and have even switched devices. I have played with all of my settings and if its in the settings I have missed it. It will show the message plus 1-3 drafts to the same number. Any ideas?? Thanks
    02-15-11 06:18 PM
    What's inside the draft? If its blank you might have the same tentecy I have. For some odd reason after I send a reply I just hit the red close button. Doing this save that empty reply box as a draft. In os 5 and earlier there was a request to save or delete. Hope this helps

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-15-11 06:31 PM
    yea they are empty. I know what your are talking about but this is actually different. Its a mystery to me. I have used bb for years and OS 6 since it first released.
    02-15-11 06:48 PM
    Are you on the 6.0.0.466 leak? I rarely text, but I noticed this yesterday when I had to send one.
    02-15-11 07:02 PM
    Sorry if I had paid attention I'd have noticed you said in "inbox"m how does a draft get in the inbox to begin with?

BayouBengal21 likes this.
    02-15-11 08:36 PM
    Sorry if I had paid attention I'd have noticed you said in "inbox"m how does a draft get in the inbox to begin with?

I think the OP means the Message, or SMS/MMS folder, not the actual inbox. It just creates like 3 or 4 drafts and saves them. I only use the Message folder, and have seen this happen a couple times.

This just started happening after installing OS 6.0.0.466...
    BayouBengal21 likes this.
    02-15-11 08:49 PM
    yea by trying to remember when this started I realized it was about the time I started using the 466 leak. I am currently downgrading to 431. I know its not a big deal but it gets annoying when I send over 60 texts a day and there are 3 of these drafts for every text I send. Thanks for all the help!
    02-15-11 09:26 PM
    There are bugs with 466 and duplicate texts.
    02-16-11 01:12 AM
    I think the OP means the Message, or SMS/MMS folder, not the actual inbox. It just creates like 3 or 4 drafts and saves them. I only use the Message folder, and have seen this happen a couple times.

This just started happening after installing OS 6.0.0.466...
    Aight then let me clear myself up here. I don't know about on other devices running os 6 but on my Torch you don't have a "inbox". You have a message window. The bubble tells you if it was received or sent. We all now that inbox means received and outbox means sent. What I was trying to say but still using the op's words was that if I had paid attention I would have realized he had said he received the draft instead of a draft that was going to be sent. In my suggestion of the problem was a draft of an empty txt to be sent. I just wondered how can a draft be inbound. I've never sent or received a draft.

02-16-11 02:25 PM
    Aight then let me clear myself up here. I don't know about on other devices running os 6 but on my Torch you don't have a "inbox". You have a message window. The bubble tells you if it was received or sent. We all now that inbox means received and outbox means sent. What I was trying to say but still using the op's words was that if I had paid attention I would have realized he had said he received the draft instead of a draft that was going to be sent. In my suggestion of the problem was a draft of an empty txt to be sent. I just wondered how can a draft be inbound. I've never sent or received a draft.

You've got me more confused now, but it's not a big deal. I just think the OP used the wrong wording to refer to the message folder (used inbox), like I said before. A draft isn't in the inbox or outbox, it hasn't been sent or received yet, but the bubble next to it is lit up and bright green. This is just in the general Message folder/window like you said, we don't really have an inbox or outbox by default.

Really though, this isn't a big deal at all, it's just a bug in this OS, we just need to deal with it or change the software...
    02-16-11 02:38 PM
    You've got me more confused now, but it's not a big deal. I just think the OP used the wrong wording to refer to the message folder (used inbox), like I said before. A draft isn't in the inbox or outbox, it hasn't been sent or received yet, but the bubble next to it is lit up and bright green. This is just in the general Message folder/window like you said, we don't really have an inbox or outbox by default.

Really though, this isn't a big deal at all, it's just a bug in this OS, we just need to deal with it or change the software...
    So it doesn't say sent or received? I'm going to go ahead and assume no. If ya don't mind try to back out from the window then clse and see if you still get the drafts. Its starting to sound again like if you close out while in the input field it saves a draft.

02-16-11 03:15 PM
    So it doesn't say sent or received? I'm going to go ahead and assume no. If ya don't mind try to back out from the window then clse and see if you still get the drafts. Its starting to sound again like if you close out while in the input field it saves a draft.

1. Right, it doesn't say anything.
    2. Opening the text and backing out does nothing to change it.
    3. No, this is not the case.

This is what mine doing: I sent one text to someone, they called me back so there was never a reply. After each reboot it created one of these drafts (screenshot). I deleted all the drafts but kept the original text I sent out. And again, after a reboot, it added another one of these drafts, it did this many times. As you can see I have a whole bunch of drafts, all empty. It finally stopped after deleting the original text.

Like I said before, I rarely text so this doesn't really matter to me, but I did notice that it was strange.
    02-16-11 04:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD