Kind of over reacting... happens with almost all phones. just buy another battery. They're $5 on amazon. See if it's the battery before saying it's the software.

Posted via Q10RR
    Elite1 likes this.
    08-30-14 06:47 PM
    Display almost neck on neck with the standby mode. Everyone knows that high display setting eats a lot of power from the battery no matter what kind of phone it is.

APC via Z10
    08-30-14 07:28 PM
    Kind of over reacting... happens with almost all phones. just buy another battery. They're $5 on amazon. See if it's the battery before saying it's the software.

Posted via Q10RR
    It's the software. The are threads on this issue. A phone with its screen completely off, can lose 20-40% of its capacity overnight even with apps closed. I have 2 batteries....still happens. not saying to everyone but it happens and it's not the battery

Posted via CB10
    web99 likes this.
    08-30-14 08:49 PM
    my iphone5 takes a nose dive from 100% to 80% overnight. same does my Z10, i think it is the LTE + carrier reception in my room. a few times my Z10 went hot (stuck process, system looping) overnight and died the next morning. alarm didnt ring and i was almost late for work.
    08-30-14 10:44 PM
    I am saying this because the software is so messed up.
    Yesterday night my phone ate 34% of battery on standby. It was on bedside mode.

Attachment 294485

See the graph from 11:41 to 7:02 am. I was sleeping then.

Attachment 294486

Everything has consumed more battery than my display.

How the heck do u depend on a phone which just eats up 34% of your battery on standby.
    All replies I can see here are from fanboys being offended by your statement and not many had tried to help.
    Anyway, your screen shot clearly shows that your bbm & PIM has acted up. That has drained 24% of your battery.

1. BBM on Z3 has been having the same issue for a while. It's even worse on it. The temporary fix for it is to hard reset your phone. Press & hold both volume keys. Ignore the screen shot. Hold until you see the blue BlackBerry logo after reboot.
    2. To fix PIM, remove all accounts you have added that syncs the contacts & calendar. Go to accounts settings & in the overflow menu, hit "clear local contacts". Now add the accounts back after another hard reset.

Check your battery life on standby after at least 3 battery cycles after doing both of these. Your problems would have probably be fixed. If not, report back

Posted via CB10 from my Q10SQN100-3/10.3.0.1052
    08-30-14 10:56 PM
    Just a clarification. Whenever I put the phone on bedside mode, I lock my phone after that. So the screen is never on.
    08-31-14 01:14 AM
    All replies I can see here are from fanboys being offended by your statement and not many had tried to help.
    Anyway, your screen shot clearly shows that your bbm & PIM has acted up. That has drained 24% of your battery.

1. BBM on Z3 has been having the same issue for a while. It's even worse on it. The temporary fix for it is to hard reset your phone. Press & hold both volume keys. Ignore the screen shot. Hold until you see the blue BlackBerry logo after reboot.
    2. To fix PIM, remove all accounts you have added that syncs the contacts & calendar. Go to accounts settings & in the overflow menu, hit "clear local contacts". Now add the accounts back after another hard reset.

Check your battery life on standby after at least 3 battery cycles after doing both of these. Your problems would have probably be fixed. If not, report back

I am using a Q5. Hard reset and everything is fine. But it happened suddenly. One fine day if something like this happens, means I can't totally depend on my phone. Thats all I was trying to say. Not saying that my phone doesn't work for me.
    Had my phone wouldn't be working for me I wouldn't be using a Blackberry. I just want a phone which is consistent. And doesn't just act on its own whenever it wants.
    08-31-14 01:18 AM
    I am using a Q5. Hard reset and everything is fine. But it happened suddenly. One fine day if something like this happens, means I can't totally depend on my phone. Thats all I was trying to say. Not saying that my phone doesn't work for me.
    Had my phone wouldn't be working for me I wouldn't be using a Blackberry. I just want a phone which is consistent. And doesn't just act on its own whenever it wants.
    Seeing how you reply to someone who tries to help sort out your issue, I now feel you totally deserve the posts from the fan boys. Go search for your consistent phone. May you find it one day. God bless

08-31-14 02:38 AM
    The Z10 battery life sucks, plain and simple. With the Z30
    You can get some improvement, but IMO the Z10 is never going to get decent battery life no matter what changes you make or things you turn off in the settings.
    Yep that's true. And all I can recommend is don't even true to cure this thing by cutting off features. I for one use it as I want to and just deal with it.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-14 02:55 AM
    Seeing how you reply to someone who tries to help sort out your issue, I now feel you totally deserve the posts from the fan boys. Go search for your consistent phone. May you find it one day. God bless

Don't know why r u taking it personally. No offence meant.
    Naeg1995 likes this.
    08-31-14 03:42 AM
    You know, bedside mode isn't really any sort of "battery saving" mode on BB10, right? Unless you allow it to turn off the radios, which is just an Airplane mode shortcut, it is basically just a persistent minimalist clock view.
    I don't think it states anywhere that it is supposed to be a power saver.
    Since you obviously still had stuff sync'ing all night, radios were still active and that pretty much means your phone was just "on" all night.
    Doesn't that put the 30% in perspective?

And another thing 24h sync periods for accounts is a bad choice. It either sync's just a little every hour or so, or it has to do a massive sync task daily.
    The latter often causes issues where the sync process will just cycle endlessly (perhaps because of interrupted connections or because of conflicting updates?) and this of course leads to a strain on the battery.
    I have found that a 1-2h sync period in the long run is actually more beneficial for my battery longevity.
    _____
    Bottom line: if you want your bedside mode to act as a battery saver, you must allow it to turn off all radios. However that means you will miss any incoming phone calls unfortunately.
    If you really want to keep phone calls active (for emergencies maybe, do you?) do this manually:
    -turn off Data Services
    -turn off WiFi
    -turn off BT/Location/NFC
    That way only phonecalls/text will still come through (Mobile Network), but any other connection is disabled.
    That should have a positive effect on overnight battery consumption, but it has to be done manually every time.

(PS: I have mentioned before that this is exactly what bedside mode should be able to do in the first place, but unfortunately it is still an all-or-nothing option.)

BlackBerry 10 signed @ C0007CC89
    Last edited by MrGlenn; 08-31-14 at 04:11 AM.
    manonthemoon likes this.
    08-31-14 03:59 AM
    my Q5 went 100% to 1% in about an hour and contacts vanishing randomly so did security wipe, since then back to excellent battery life and problem free, Q 5 had been reliable until trying Android apps so will stick to made for Blackberry ones, i can depend on it to get work done until Classic arrives.
    lift likes this.
    08-31-14 05:33 AM
    I guess sometimes it's better to inquire politely and ask for help than just dump words like "I can no longer depend on (bla-bla-bla)"
    08-31-14 06:38 AM
    Thread title adjusted. Added details, subtracted melodrama.
    diegonei and shaleem like this.
    08-31-14 07:02 AM
    Sounds like you simply have a defective phone or you bought a "fake" BlackBerry phone. Take it in for repair or get a new phone.
    There's fake BlackBerry phones? How do you know if you got a fake or a real one?
    Naeg1995 likes this.
    08-31-14 07:17 AM
    I use bedside mode every night with alarms to wake me up. Never let me down. Maybe the difference is that I plug it in every night and charge it while in bedside mode. Always wake up with a full charge. I beleive my phone would be dead also if I did not. Have a Z10.
    08-31-14 07:21 AM
    If not on charge the screen will go off even when the phone is in bed side Mode. It only stays on if connected to a power source
    08-31-14 07:24 AM
    Then put it on charge over night.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-14 07:27 AM
    Thanks Mod for adjusting the title. Just to share. I'm using a Z3. My device drains juice with an average of 10% overnight on bedside. I agree with one of those who shared that the bedside mode is not for saving power. However, when I used the advanced interaction (flipping over the phone) I noticed an average of 5% battery drain overnight (about 7 hours of sleep). It has been this way since I loaded the leak 10.3.0 OS. And oh yeah! I shift to EDGE signal when I don't use the device heavily. At times, my Z3 battery last for 25-30 hours on light use.
    08-31-14 07:46 AM
    You know, bedside mode isn't really any sort of "battery saving" mode on BB10, right? Unless you allow it to turn off the radios, which is just an Airplane mode shortcut, it is basically just a persistent minimalist clock view.
    I don't think it states anywhere that it is supposed to be a power saver.
    Since you obviously still had stuff sync'ing all night, radios were still active and that pretty much means your phone was just "on" all night.
    Doesn't that put the 30% in perspective?

And another thing 24h sync periods for accounts is a bad choice. It either sync's just a little every hour or so, or it has to do a massive sync task daily.
    The latter often causes issues where the sync process will just cycle endlessly (perhaps because of interrupted connections or because of conflicting updates?) and this of course leads to a strain on the battery.
    I have found that a 1-2h sync period in the long run is actually more beneficial for my battery longevity.
    _____
    Bottom line: if you want your bedside mode to act as a battery saver, you must allow it to turn off all radios. However that means you will miss any incoming phone calls unfortunately.
    If you really want to keep phone calls active (for emergencies maybe, do you?) do this manually:
    -turn off Data Services
    -turn off WiFi
    -turn off BT/Location/NFC
    That way only phonecalls/text will still come through (Mobile Network), but any other connection is disabled.
    That should have a positive effect on overnight battery consumption, but it has to be done manually every time.

(PS: I have mentioned before that this is exactly what bedside mode should be able to do in the first place, but unfortunately it is still an all-or-nothing option.)

Yup, and with bedside mode, the screen is on all night. Explains alot. Good job sir

Posted via Q10RR
    08-31-14 09:18 AM
    Check this
    Can't depend on my BlackBerry: Bedside Mode using too much battery!-img_20140831_185109.png

Z30 STA-2 10.3.0.1052 Posted via CB
    Elite1 likes this.
    08-31-14 09:26 AM
    Thanks, hope it is not too long to read. Just a detail though: if your device is not on a charger the screen turns off, even in bedside mode. So that is not an issue.

08-31-14 09:28 AM
    Well, let me be the first one to say PLUG IT IN TO THE CHARGER WHILE YOU HAVE IT IN BEDSIDE MODE WHEN YOU ARE SLEEPING! DUH!!!!!!

Posted with my Z10 on Verizon 10.2.1.3253
    Most useless comment on this thread so far, but the "doesn't happen to me" comments are right up there.

Try this - after a hard reset do not launch any Android apps - not even once. Now monitor your battery for a day.
    08-31-14 09:50 AM
    Most useless comment on this thread so far, but the "doesn't happen to me" comments are right up there.

Try this - after a hard reset do not launch any Android apps - not even once. Now monitor your battery for a day.
    Well, you may think it's useless, and it may not be a solution to the battery drain issue, but it WORKS.

Posted with my Z10 on Verizon 10.2.1.3253
    08-31-14 11:17 AM
    Bedside mode would be ideal to mean airplane mode except the ability to make phone call.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    08-31-14 11:52 AM
75 123