My old blackberry email account would not work anymore so I made a new account and now I cannot delete the old one. When I go to email setup it does not show up to be able to delete it. I'm confused!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-03-09 11:16 AM
    Have you done a battery pull after the delete? Also push your service books.
    05-03-09 11:20 AM
    Yeah I did a battery pull but the problem is I can't find a way to delete the email account at all because it is not showing up in my email settings

05-03-09 11:24 AM
    Have you done a service book push? That will refresh all your emails and accounts.
    05-03-09 11:25 AM
    Yeah I did it and the only account that registered were my work and other account

05-03-09 11:33 AM
    Even after that I tried to send my self an email to and from that account and it said the account was invalid.

05-03-09 11:35 AM
    Go to Options > Advanced Options > Service Book.

Does your email still show up in there at all?
    05-03-09 11:37 AM
    Yeah it has the icon on my home screen but I can't use it or delete it. Its in limbo! Just a waste of memory!

05-03-09 11:45 AM
    Well...you have two options.

1. Hide the icon and move on accepting its in limbo and slowly eating up your memory until...there will be none left! Muhahah. (insert lots of sarcasm here)

2. Back up your device, and reinstall the OS.
    05-03-09 11:47 AM
    Yeah I kinda figured I would try installing .132 again but doesn't it back all programs when reinstalling? If that is the case then the icon will still be there. Idk

05-03-09 11:53 AM
    It might...I was just thinking that.

But if you have time, it's worth a shot...additionally, you might want to try going on to BIS and deleting ALL your email accounts, then doing a service books push, then battery pull for 5 minutes, then turn it on.

If its STILL there, then I can't imagine why else just that one is lingering. However, if when you turn it on, they're all there, thats a different story.
    05-03-09 11:54 AM
    Oh yeah! Your a genius and you didn't even know it! In advanced options>service books it allowed me to delete it! Sweet thanks

05-03-09 11:56 AM
    Go to Options > Advanced Options > Service Book.

Does your email still show up in there at all?
    Cool...I didn't realize you had missed that step haah.

But yep that does it.

Enjoy the Storm!
    05-03-09 11:57 AM
    I say go into service books & delete the service book for that email account b/c afterall the service books are what make the icon unless they are corrupt or missing...options>>advanced options>>>service books, press bb menu key then delete & that baby is outta there
    05-03-09 12:02 PM
    oops took too long typing that (dang nails!!) glad you got it off your phone hiding is still a pain in the tutu
    05-03-09 12:03 PM
    I say go into service books & delete the service book for that email account b/c afterall the service books are what make the icon unless they are corrupt or missing...options>>advanced options>>>service books, press bb menu key then delete & that baby is outta there
    You can do the same thing with facebook and flickr but everytime that you reboot the phone it will repush the service books back to you. But if you changed or removed any of your emails this is what you have to do. It will not resend the service books for that email because it is gone on the server side at that point.
    05-03-09 12:06 PM
    Hahaha! Yeah I guess I didn't understand that I was supposed to delete it there. I just thought I was looking to see if it was there! Doh! (homer simpson)

05-03-09 12:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD