Hi! I'm planning on getting a BlackBerry phone. I need some ideas or opinions.

1) BlackBerry Bold 9650 (Verizon carrier with Skype)
    2) BlackBerry Torch 9800 (AT&T carrier with no Skype)

I know they are both great phones but I can't decide on which phone to get.

I love the BlackBerry Torch 9800 and I want it so bad coz of its touchscreen and it's stylish look but it has no Skype.

The BlackBerry Bold 9650 is OK coz it has Skype and I can make free voice calls to my family and friends around the world.

If there's Yahoo Messenger for BlackBerry Torch 9800, I'd be OK. But I'm not sure if it has free voice calls like Skype.
    01-25-11 07:20 PM
    Would you be in the mood to wait a bit, there are 3 rumored devices in the works that have double the specs of BBs available now.

Go with which carrier suits your needs with price and coverage in your area.
    01-25-11 07:25 PM
    Would you be in the mood to wait a bit, there are 3 rumored devices in the works that have double the specs of BBs available now.

Go with which carrier suits your needs with price and coverage in your area.
    Definitely wait if possible. If not then you need to do some research and see which carriers offer the services and coverage you need most. No one can pick a phone for you because only you really know the features, services and coverage that best fits your needs. Personally, I'm waiting for the Dakota/Magnum.
    01-25-11 07:32 PM
    Hi! I'm planning on getting a BlackBerry phone. I need some ideas or opinions.

1) BlackBerry Bold 9650 (Verizon carrier with Skype)
    2) BlackBerry Torch 9800 (AT&T carrier with no Skype)

I know they are both great phones but I can't decide on which phone to get.

I love the BlackBerry Torch 9800 and I want it so bad coz of its touchscreen and it's stylish look but it has no Skype.

The BlackBerry Bold 9650 is OK coz it has Skype and I can make free voice calls to my family and friends around the world.

If there's Yahoo Messenger for BlackBerry Torch 9800, I'd be OK. But I'm not sure if it has free voice calls like Skype.
    Honestly, if I was you I would get neither. RIM seems to have a lot of new devices roaming around in the wild that are much better than both the 9650 and the Torch. I would recommend waiting for the new Bold Dakota, Torch 2 or Storm 3 that we've seen leaked images and specs of. It's a lot more impressive than what is currently out.
    01-25-11 07:58 PM
    You should not get a blackberry unless you want to pay the extra data fee for having a dumbphone with email. Get a real smartphone like an iphone or android.
    01-25-11 08:12 PM
    I too am in line for the new Dakota Bold ... Rumors talking about the new operating system is ridiculous compared to what we have seen. RIM working with hp seems to have the ability to put this phone over the top. I wasnt completely impressed with the Torch 2 features leaked or the Storm 3 (since it was dropped by Verizon for being to close a model to the Storm 2). If you like the skype and the Bold model now, a little patience may pay off. Research the leaks and see if the features fill what you are looking for as a consumer. Good Luck!!
    01-25-11 08:22 PM
    i'm a bold person myself but i have to agree if you can wait just hold on and see whats coming.
    01-25-11 08:25 PM
    Torch 9800 = best device
    Verizon = Best network

Sucks we can't have both!
    01-25-11 09:09 PM
    If you need skype, go with verizon. You'll have 2G CDMA service, but as long as you don't care, you'll be good to go. Just cannot have voice and data going at the same time unless on WiFi.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-25-11 09:15 PM
    kwickpick79-What on earth is the point of your comment. Its obvious the only interest is in a Blackberry.
    Ferretling likes this.
    01-25-11 10:35 PM
    Definitely go with the carrier that has the best coverage in your home area.
    Then see what BBs that carrier offers.
    I would also recommend waiting a month or two. Looks like some nice phones coming down the pipe.
    01-25-11 11:09 PM
    Ok guys! Thanks for the help. I'll try to wait. I'll just keep my Samsung GT-B5310 til the new ones come out.
    01-26-11 12:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD