Hy everyone! I really need your help. I've just got my blackberry torch 9850 unlocked. I bought it on ebay and it was unlocked from Sprint. So, normally I should be able to use it with any sim card. But the fact is that even unlocked, it still has a sprint number. I've put my T-mobile sim card in it and called some friends. Instead of showing my number to them, it showed a sprint number. I'm trying to change the number on the phone since this morning but I'm not able to. I followed all the instruction the phone gave me to change the number but it doesn't work. Does that means that it has been well unlocked or what? It is making me crazy because I was so excited about having the phone and now I'm not able to use it.
    08-29-11 08:06 PM
    Your service provider has to change the number for the sim card.
    08-29-11 08:23 PM
    No you need to get the msl code or the spc code for this device from sprint. If they will not give it to you then we can get them.. Takes hours to get but we our server can calculate the code to remove activation required and allow you to input your own #.
    08-29-11 10:01 PM
    ok... hmm what carrier are you trying to use this sprint bb with is the main question.... if its any other carrier then it will not work.... unless you are in europe..
    08-29-11 10:23 PM
    You need the code to enter the CDMA Service Edit Screen and change the phone number from there. it's not a regular unlocking, you need MEID unlock code to get that screen (on verizon there is a master code works for all devices but sprint locks it and you need to get it unlocked for CDMA editing)
    meenaas92 likes this.
    08-29-11 10:28 PM
    Verizon one is ##000000 ... sprint and other carriers are based on MEID (dec) as unlocking710 mentioned.
    meenaas92 likes this.
    08-29-11 11:04 PM
    How can I do to get this MEID code? I've done what I could to put my number on the phone. Now, people can see my real number when I call them. But, I can't receive text message. What can I do?
    08-31-11 12:27 PM
    What carrier is it with? Pm us if you need help.
    08-31-11 12:59 PM
    The phone came normally with Sprint. But as I bought it unlocked, it shouldn't have any carrier. Now that I've put my Tmobile sim card in it, it is showing Tmobile
    08-31-11 01:07 PM
    Freethisberrydotcom, I've been on your page and did all was asked to have the MEP2
    08-31-11 01:25 PM
    Now what should I do?
    08-31-11 01:26 PM
    Just make sure you have a blackberry data plan in order to make email and bbm work
    08-31-11 02:07 PM
    so you got a sprint BB and are trying to use it on tmo? well then you need to unlock the GSM part of the device... but i dont think it will work... you may get EDGE connection on tmobile.... but the GSM bands on the device are for the european carriers so you will NOT get 3g/4g connections... only EDGE
    08-31-11 03:22 PM
    I didn't even think using a CDMA phone with a GSM service was even possible.
    08-31-11 03:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD