I just changed a Google password and trying to add back in the account to Hub+ Inbox, I can't because I have to "add the account to my device" per Google which,
    1. I don't want to do because BB Contacts shows them with Gmail account vs Hub+ nickname (it's time consuming and messy),
    2. I'm tired of Google knowing every damn thing about what accounts are connected, etc. and
    3. I don't know how to "add to my device" because Google doesn't give instructions or popups guiding me through it.

Additionally, I can't seem to find the answer. As of (whenever), but just today I tried to do the "enable less secure apps" workaround suggested in other threads and learned that Google has disabled that function altogether. When it worked just a few days ago for Windows 10 Mail. Uggh!!!

I have a KEYone, if that matters.

Help please!?! 🤞🤞 TIA!

P.S. Did BB sell Hub, Contacts, etc to Google?
    12-16-22 04:38 PM
    I just changed a Google password and trying to add back in the account to Hub+ Inbox, I can't because I have to "add the account to my device" per Google which,
    1. I don't want to do because BB Contacts shows them with Gmail account vs Hub+ nickname (it's time consuming and messy),
    2. I'm tired of Google knowing every damn thing about what accounts are connected, etc. and
    3. I don't know how to "add to my device" because Google doesn't give instructions or popups guiding me through it.

Additionally, I can't seem to find the answer. As of (whenever), but just today I tried to do the "enable less secure apps" workaround suggested in other threads and learned that Google has disabled that function altogether. When it worked just a few days ago for Windows 10 Mail. Uggh!!!

Help please!?! ������������ TIA!

No BB didn't sell anything to google and it's funny that you're worried about sharing info with google when you're using Gmail in the first place. Your Keyone (and mine) is no longer considered a "safe" device as it is 5 Android versions behind as well as years of security updates missed.

https://forums.crackberry.com/showth...1#post13666331
    12-16-22 06:02 PM
    Well, that's good to know at least. Whew lol. Sure seemed that way on this end.

So what email provider do you suggest...that works with the Hub+ Inbox, Calendar and Contacts? When I Googled this issue, there were problems with Yahoo, Gmail and Outlook. Seems like they're all duking it out...

Aack!! I need my Hub! It's one of the reasons I fell in love with BB in the first place (that and querty )
    12-16-22 11:58 PM
    Well, that's good to know at least. Whew lol. Sure seemed that way on this end.

So what email provider do you suggest...that works with the Hub+ Inbox, Calendar and Contacts? When I Googled this issue, there were problems with Yahoo, Gmail and Outlook. Seems like they're all duking it out...

Aack!! I need my Hub! It's one of the reasons I fell in love with BB in the first place (that and querty )
    What I would suggest is buying a nice new 5G Android phone and use the notification drop down tray as your "hub" and either use the gmail app or a 3rd party app such as Spark to manage your email accounts.

"The CB 1M Challenge, where the pantless people go"
    spARTacus and ShannonLoa like this.
    12-17-22 12:16 AM
    Just forget all Blackberry ever made we live now almost in 2023,
    If you want more privacy, try Protonmail.
    12-18-22 01:56 PM

Help please!?! ������������ TIA!

Can you elaborate more on your problem description. If you had GMail already added in the Hub, you don't need to "add it back", just wait for the prompt that says the password is incorrect and update it?

When you add GMail (or any other email account) to the Hub, depending on settings, it may present an option like "sync contacts". You can uncheck this box and it won't sync your Google Contacts.
    12-19-22 08:48 AM
    You may need to go to your Google account and allow App Passwords access ( or something to that effect, I cant remember). Then You'd be able to log in using BB HUB
    12-23-22 12:53 PM
    All those security workarounds for BlackBerry devices and software.

OP needs a modern phone. I'd recommend Apple because the world sweeps their data collection and analysis under a rug.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    12-26-22 11:40 PM

Help please!?! (fingers crossed) TIA!
    Ok, so I have learned a few things, some by trial and error

1. You can add a Google account, add to Hub+ Inbox, and then DELETE the Google account from the device (yay! ). However, because of the Google Contacts bug of not showing account nicknames, it will also delete the Contacts from that Hub+ account (which is just one of the reasons I wondered if Google bought Hub+ softwares). Do you know any way around this Contacts bug @conite?

Which can work in your favor since Google accounts don't let us choose which we want to sync (email, contacts, calendar) anymore like Hub+ Inbox used to. And for one account, I DON'T want Contacts or Calendar synced.

2. Once I've created new Yahoo accounts and exported my Gmail folders and emails, I'll be deleting the Google accounts entirely. 1 TB data vs 15KB and not a control freak?? Yes, please

3. Settings > Users and accounts > + Add account is how you add a Google account to a KEYone device (maybe KEY2 as well?? since they both use Android 8.1.0)
    02-14-23 09:47 PM
    Ok, so I have learned a few things, some by trial and error

1. You can add a Google account, add to Hub+ Inbox, and then DELETE the Google account from the device (yay! ). However, because of the Google Contacts bug of not showing account nicknames, it will also delete the Contacts from that Hub+ account (which is just one of the reasons I wondered if Google bought Hub+ softwares). Do you know any way around this Contacts bug @conite?

Which can work in your favor since Google accounts don't let us choose which we want to sync (email, contacts, calendar) anymore like Hub+ Inbox used to. And for one account, I DON'T want Contacts or Calendar synced.

2. Once I've created new Yahoo accounts and exported my Gmail folders and emails, I'll be deleting the Google accounts entirely. 1 TB data vs 15KB and not a control freak?? Yes, please

3. Settings > Users and accounts > + Add account is how you add a Google account to a KEYone device (maybe KEY2 as well?? since they both use Android 8.1.0)
    So you moving on from Google.... and Yahoo, the bane of email is your choice?
    02-16-23 07:06 AM
    Let me say in the STRONGEST possible terms: do NOT use Yahoo email. Use anything else. Yahoo is a ghost ship, and Yahoo Mail has gone through several owners and is now owned by Verizon, but it's been a decade since anyone has done any real work on it, which means that its security is woefully out of date. That's not even mentioning the many major security breaches they've had, and the email accounts that have been locked out and completely lost to users for no particular reason, and with no live support to help. I can't even count all the people I know who lost their Yahoo email accounts in the breaches.

IMO, either GMail or Outlook for a major, well-supported "free" service, or a paid service, is what you want. Yahoo Mail is just setting yourself up for disaster.
    02-23-23 02:53 AM