Yesterday, I made the supreme mistake of sticking my BB Curve 8330m in my pocket when I came in from the car... without locking the keyboard.

When I pulled it out, there was a dialogue box that I THOUGHT I clicked "cancel" to... deleting something.

Apparently it deleted the shortcut to, well, everything.

Currently, I can reach my phone screen by pushing the phone (green) button, and the camera by pushing the right convenience key. Other than that, my BB screen is BLANK. I can't access anything... my message inbox, my messengers, my games, maps, nothing.

Today I wiped the phone and re-installed the OS (newer version). After installing the OS, the usual icons were visible on the desktop. I restored all my personal data (backed up) and then restored my third-party apps (also backed up).

I'm reasonably sure there is now something missing in the heart of my personal data settings that allows me to access everything... but I have literally no clue where to start in figuring this out.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,
    Gretchen
    08-01-09 09:34 PM
    what do you mean by personal data? phone numbers, memos, tasks, etc? or something in the actual BB options?
    08-01-09 09:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD