hello.
    i am a photographer whit a canon 6d and i have a blackbery 9900.
    I would like to use the most of my camera whit wifi in order to use it in a "remote shot" mode whit my phone, but i am a disappointed because there isn't a "canon eos remote" app for blackberry (but there for android and iphone).
    I wanted to ask you if you will come this app for blackberry.
    thank you.

ps. i am italian, sorry for bad english.
    05-20-13 03:34 AM
    Hello Fillips89, firstly, welcome to CrackBerry.

You may be better off contacting Canon directly with your question. If they have not yet created a BB app the likelihood of them doing so is slim. Not that this helps you in your search, the Android app might be able to be ported over to BB10, but as mentioned this will not help you with your 9900.

PS. Your English is perfectly fine.
    05-20-13 05:07 AM
    I would not expect to see the app for a 9900 (or any other BlackBerry classic phone). It might be possible to use the Android app side loaded on a BB10 device (Q5, Q10 or Z10).
    05-20-13 06:11 AM
    hello.
    i am a photographer whit a canon 6d and i have a blackbery 9900.
    I would like to use the most of my camera whit wifi in order to use it in a "remote shot" mode whit my phone, but i am a disappointed because there isn't a "canon eos remote" app for blackberry (but there for android and iphone).
    I wanted to ask you if you will come this app for blackberry.
    thank you.

ps. i am italian, sorry for bad english.
    I agree with you, it would be nice to see some of the Canon apps available for the BlackBerry. They won't make them for the legacy BlackBerry's but hopefully they will start doing them for the BB10 devices.
    05-20-13 06:42 AM
    so, i remember my opinion:
    if you search a X app....for iphone there is it, for android there are many,...for blackberry i'm not sure that there is it!!!!

thank you guy!
    05-20-13 11:04 AM
    so, i remember my opinion:
    if you search a X app....for iphone there is it, for android there are many,...for blackberry i'm not sure that there is it!!!!

thank you guy!
    If Canon's support contact was a little more straight forward, I would say use that to get the company on board.
    Or you can just piggy back on my comment on their Facebook page.
    05-20-13 11:27 AM
    Anyone tried sideloading the android version to BlackBerry 10?

Posted via CB10
    01-01-14 12:46 PM
    I used Snap to download Eos Remote, it loaded and opened fine. I did this before Christmas in anticipation of my wife giving me a Canon 7d....which didn't arrive, guess my hints where not persuasive. Anyways, the app installs and opens fine, I do not know how well it works until I buy my camera.
    01-01-14 01:50 PM
    What is "snap"?

Posted via CB10
    01-01-14 02:42 PM
    What is "snap"?

Posted via CB10
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=874153

First you need to be running OS 10.2.1...
    Then side load SNAP and you can use it to download and install most apps direct from Google Play.

Z30, 10.2.1.1925
    01-01-14 02:57 PM
    I used Snap to download Eos Remote, it loaded and opened fine. I did this before Christmas in anticipation of my wife giving me a Canon 7d....which didn't arrive, guess my hints where not persuasive. Anyways, the app installs and opens fine, I do not know how well it works until I buy my camera.
    My understanding is that the Canon Eos Remote only works with the 70D and 6D unless you have the Wifi unit for a camera . I've tried it sideloaded on a Z10 and yes it loads fine but won't connect wirelessly . Ended up buying a Nexus 7 2012 that was reduced at Carphone Warehouse and the Eos Remote app and the DSLR controller App work great with the 6D , just a shame they won't do the remote app for BB10.
    I asked Canon if they would but just got the standard reply.......
    Thank you for your request and for contacting Canon.
    In response to your enquiry regarding the remote app for a blackberry 10 OS, we can advise you the following.
    Currently we only support the remote application to work under Apple iOS or Android smartphones. This may change in the future, so keep an eye on our website Canon UK - Home if there are any changes towards.
    Once again, thank you for contacting Canon. Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact again.
    01-01-14 05:48 PM
    My understanding is that the Canon Eos Remote only works with the 70D and 6D unless you have the Wifi unit for a camera . I've tried it sideloaded on a Z10 and yes it loads fine but won't connect wirelessly . Ended up buying a Nexus 7 2012 that was reduced at Carphone Warehouse and the Eos Remote app and the DSLR controller App work great with the 6D , just a shame they won't do the remote app for BB10.
    Thanks for the tip

Posted via CB10
    01-02-14 02:38 PM

One other thought, any chance DLNA works to view pictures on BB10 with a 70D?

From Canon...
    The simplicity and convenience of wireless technology, built-in

The new EOS 70D incorporates cutting edge wireless technology right into its compact design. The camera’s exposure settings, such as aperture, shutter speed and ISO, focus, and shutter can be operated wirelessly using an iOS or Android smartphone* with the free Canon EOS Remote app**. Using a smartphone with the EOS Remote app** installed, you can shoot remotely from a distance, even in Live View mode, for those difficult-to-capture shots; you can also review images on the EOS 70D without having to take it out of the bag, and easily transfer and save images directly from the camera to a smartphone. Full DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance) compatibility means easy sharing between the EOS 70D and other DLNA products, like HDTVs, smartphones and more. Still images can even be transferred between two wireless-enabled Canon cameras over a Local Area Network (LAN). Images and video can be uploaded instantly to CANON iMAGE GATEWAY# for easy sharing on social networking sites, and photos can even be printed on a wireless PictBridge certified printer without the need for a PC. Remarkably, the EOS 70D has all of these wireless features without the need for any additional accessories; they’re built right in!
    01-02-14 02:45 PM
    Please excuse the slight off topic, but I had some success using my Z10 with the 10.2.1055 leaked OS to run the Olympus camera Wi-Fi app to control an OM-D camera.
    I could see the camera image on the phone, set exposure and fire the shutter. However, the image file would not transfer to the phone.
    Getting it to connected needed a bit of work...had to turn off any existing wifi connection, then activate camera wifi, then select it on the phone, typing in the pass code as QR scans didn't work.

Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-14 08:49 PM
    Im also trying to use EOS remote with my Z30. The EOS remote app down loaded and appears to have successfully installed, using snap. However the Z30 wifi, while seeing the SSID for the camera, a Canon 6D, seemingly tries connection but fails to acquire the IP address. In advanced wifi settings I see that the phone sees the mac address and IP of the camera and also sets the camera IP as gateway and dns. Encryption is turned off.
    Any thoughts? Pretty sure I'm only dealing with a wifi configuration issue here since I should be able to establish wifi connection before launching app.
    Last edited by michael oneill; 06-07-14 at 12:20 PM.
    06-07-14 11:03 AM
    Just stumbled across this post because i tried to connect my Z30 to my Eos 70D using Canon Eos Remote.
    After sideloading Snap, i installed Eos Remote.
    During the first try connecting the Z30, I ended up like the others in this thread: The Z30 Wifi finds the EOS 70D and connects to it and tries to get an IP. Stuck.
    Fortunately the Z30 saves the wifi connection to the 70D (if you have entered the right credentials).
    Just open the saved wifi profile and modify it like i did:
    To resolv the connection problem, i set the ip manually to an IP in the same Network the 70D is. You can see the ip during wifi setup on the 70D. In my case the cam has 192.168.1.2 so i set the Z30 to 192.168.1.3.

Here are my ip settings on the Z30 side (translated from german, so the terms may vary):
    receive ip automatically: off
    auto ip: off
    IP Adress: 192.168.1.3
    Netmask: 255.255.255.0
    Primary DNS: 127.0.0.1 (btw: other values like 192.168.1.2 do not work)
    Standard gateway: 192.168.1.2
    ip v6 deaktivated
    proxy deactivated
    Devices can exchange data (do not know the correct english text. It is the last setting): enabled

After having set up this, i can connect to the cam and view pictures and remote control it. :-)

Have fun,
    T
    09-25-14 04:02 PM
    Just stumbled across this post because i tried to connect my Z30 to my Eos 70D using Canon Eos Remote.
    After sideloading Snap, i installed Eos Remote.
    During the first try connecting the Z30, I ended up like the others in this thread: The Z30 Wifi finds the EOS 70D and connects to it and tries to get an IP. Stuck.
    Fortunately the Z30 saves the wifi connection to the 70D (if you have entered the right credentials).
    Just open the saved wifi profile and modify it like i did:
    To resolv the connection problem, i set the ip manually to an IP in the same Network the 70D is. You can see the ip during wifi setup on the 70D. In my case the cam has 192.168.1.2 so i set the Z30 to 192.168.1.3.

Here are my ip settings on the Z30 side (translated from german, so the terms may vary):
    receive ip automatically: off
    auto ip: off
    IP Adress: 192.168.1.3
    Netmask: 255.255.255.0
    Primary DNS: 127.0.0.1 (btw: other values like 192.168.1.2 do not work)
    Standard gateway: 192.168.1.2
    ip v6 deaktivated
    proxy deactivated
    Devices can exchange data (do not know the correct english text. It is the last setting): enabled

After having set up this, i can connect to the cam and view pictures and remote control it. :-)

Have fun,
    T
    Thanks! it really works on my Z10 !!!!!!
    10-14-14 01:36 AM
    Forget about these gimmicks, you're not only killing both your camera and phone batteries but while you're messing about connecting them you're missing the action or the last light
    10-14-14 02:48 AM
    Thanks! it really works on my Z10 !!!!!!
    When we had connection issues from the BlackBerry running the Olympus wifi camera app, it was discovered that the data service on phone needed to be disabled prior to first wifi connection attempt. This forces the phone to look for the camera over wifi, not the default cellular data network.

Flicked out via Zed30
    10-14-14 02:08 PM
    Tried this with the z30 and the Canon camera connect app with a Canon g1x mark II and no go. Even with the phone connected to the camera, the app won't read the connection.

This is actually one of the apps which keeps me needing an android phone as I use it to geotag my photos. Hope a future update makes it work eventually.
    10-14-14 06:31 PM
    Tried this with the z30 and the Canon camera connect app with a Canon g1x mark II and no go. Even with the phone connected to the camera, the app won't read the connection.

This is actually one of the apps which keeps me needing an android phone as I use it to geotag my photos. Hope a future update makes it work eventually.
    Sorry, are u saying you tried my solution of turning off data services before connecting or were you referring to the detailed wifi settings list by an earlier post?

Flicked out via Zed30
    10-16-14 09:21 PM
    Sorry, are u saying you tried my solution of turning off data services before connecting or were you referring to the detailed wifi settings list by an earlier post?

Flicked out via Zed30
    Tried both. No go. Of course it isn't the same canon app buy I was hoping it would work.
    10-17-14 08:10 AM