I just got the update available on AppWorld and after the reboot for the installation, my contacts were not auto restored by the BBID. I even tried to use a backup file from the Deskstop Manager but it gave me an error saying that this file cannot be backed up since it should be done by BBID automatically. I can't seem to get this to work. Is there any help please?
    12-17-12 05:53 PM
    I just got the update available on AppWorld and after the reboot for the installation, my contacts were not auto restored by the BBID. I even tried to use a backup file from the Deskstop Manager but it gave me an error saying that this file cannot be backed up since it should be done by BBID automatically. I can't seem to get this to work. Is there any help please?
    hmm, funny thing. you mentioned that, i noticed that the new version of BBM doesn't have the backup option anymore - do correct me if i'm mistaken. before this we're getting used to backing up the contacts from DM & backing up locally/remotely in the BBM option itself. consider downgrading to the older version. i've past thru a thread that gives you the links to get the older versions of BBM, not sure where, but it's in the forum somewhere
    12-17-12 09:02 PM
    Use BlackBerry Protect.
    12-17-12 09:36 PM
    BlackBerry Protect, at least my version*. does not have an option for BBM Contacts? Is there a way of checking that the contacts are being backed-up into the BBID?

*According to BB World, I have the latest version: 1.1.1.76
    12-18-12 04:04 AM
    Yep, BB protect does not backup ur BBM contacts. & there's no option for backup in BBM either...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    12-18-12 10:40 PM