im pushing gmail imap to my 8900, and everything is great, except that i cant email myself at all. i like keeping my berry unplugged from my computer, and sometimes i need a picture?vid/voice note or two from my berry onto my computer. why cant i email myself attachments or even simply normal text? i dont have any filters setup on my bis account. am i missing a setting somewhere?
    03-01-09 01:28 AM
    This is a function of gmail. You can't even email yourself from a regular computer.
    Its not just you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-01-09 01:31 AM
    Possibly in your gmail (webmail) settings, there is a "do not forward and/or receive emails from... Since I'm not at my PC, I can't check right now. But since it's not your BIS settings as you say, then posibbly gmail settings... Hope that's helpfull

03-01-09 01:31 AM
    This is a function of gmail. You can't even email yourself from a regular computer.
    Its not just you.

Yes good point. I'm so used to emailin myself, but it's form one email to the other, so to be honest I've never tried emailing myself...

03-01-09 01:33 AM
    Thanks for quick response guys. So what's the best way to get files from my blackberry to my comp without hooking it up? I also use the gmail application, but I can't send attachments through it

03-01-09 01:37 AM
    Just emailed myself from the PC to the BB and from the BB to Gmail worked fine. I am sending from my gmail to my gmail and vice versa. IMAP is enabled for me. Not sure what issue you are having..

I do this all the time to get files or send links to myself....... Quite odd
    03-01-09 01:39 AM
    I just tested sending myself email to blackberry from gmail and that worked for me. I just can't send from blackberry to gmail?

03-01-09 01:42 AM
    Works both ways here, always has though..... Just lucky? I thought it was the norm for this to work....
    03-01-09 01:45 AM
    Thanks for quick response guys. So what's the best way to get files from my blackberry to my comp without hooking it up? I also use the gmail application, but I can't send attachments through it

If you log into your webmail from your blackberry using Opera mini browser, then you can send humungous files... whatever file size your email client handles on a per email basis. Using BB Browser doesn't seem to allow me to do this with bigger files but Opera Mini browser does...

03-01-09 01:47 AM
    my berry shows the emails as being sent, i just never receive them. the opera mini solution might be an option, but it seems like an anoying way to quickly send yourself an attachment, especially since tremortality currently has the very ability im looking for.
    03-01-09 01:51 AM
    Yup the Opera Mini route is a bit of a PIA...

03-01-09 01:52 AM
    Does anyone have any ideas? I would really like to be able to email myself.

03-01-09 04:40 PM
    Do you have a filter setup on your gmail side? not your bis side. Y uou should be able to do this.I do it all the time.
    03-01-09 04:50 PM
    Nope no gmail filters. I'm starting to get depressed here.

03-01-09 04:53 PM
    Do you have a filter setup on your gmail side? not your bis side. Y uou should be able to do this.I do it all the time.
    I been waiting for someone to confirm it works & I am not nuts Whew!! (might still be nuts)

But in any event I have filters applied on the BIS for no sent mail, that is all and with that I still get actual emails - its super handy......
    03-01-09 04:53 PM
    pop andimap enabled as well?
    03-01-09 05:01 PM
    Do you have POP and IMAP enabled?
    Sorry for the double post. I thought the first one didn't actually post
    03-01-09 05:04 PM
    Was asking him because that's what I have setup. I'm pretty sure you atleast need pop enabled to do that. Imap is just because we actually want it to sync properly.
    03-01-09 05:07 PM
    Roger that -deleted my other thread..... Well we both have it enabled x 2 and it works so that might be all he needs to do as well

Peace
    Trem
    03-01-09 05:11 PM
    I have both imap and pop enabled. Still no go.

03-01-09 05:15 PM
    OK, one more thing to try here. How do you have your accounts setup on your BIS side? Is it setup for IMAP there. If so what are your advanced settings?
    03-01-09 05:22 PM
    I'm only using one account and I have it set up for imap. my advanced settings are:

Server: imap.gmail.com

Server type: IMAP

Port: 993

Timeout: 120 second

SSL = checked

03-01-09 05:47 PM
    Just to clarify, I can send emails to everyone but myself without any problems. I even sent it to a secondary email address that gets forwarded to mine, but never received the email.
    This is so weird, I want to be able to do what you guys can do.

03-01-09 05:51 PM
    And if you email yourself using gmail on the computer it doesnt come there either? Does it show sent?
    03-01-09 05:55 PM
    if i send an email to myself with gmail on my desktop, both my gmail on the desktop and my berry will receive it.

i just wont receive anything on my desktop gmail or berry if i send myself something from my phone. (i.e. the other way around)
    03-01-09 06:01 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD