I'm having trouble charging my blackberry. I have a Curve 8830. It's intermittent with the charge indicator. And I need to back it up but it won't recognize that it's being connected to my computer.

What can I do?
    06-18-09 09:47 AM
    I'm having trouble charging my blackberry. I have a Curve 8830. It's intermittent with the charge indicator. And I need to back it up but it won't recognize that it's being connected to my computer.

What can I do?
    Seems to me you have a bad USB connector in the phone.

Do you have a wall charger as well? I ask that because that would allow you to figure if it's truly a bad port or possibly a bad cable.
    06-18-09 09:50 AM
    I do have a wall charger. That is also intermittent on it charging. I've used three different wall chargers and having the problem.

Is it fixable? I don't want to swap out my phone as I've gotten it to where I like it.
    06-18-09 09:53 AM
    You can also try connecting it to different usb ports on your computer, and if that doesn't work then as the above poster said, you probably have a faulty usb connector or cable

Seems like you definately have a faulty connector .. Your best bet is to head to your carrier's store and explain to them your problem, and if you are worried about losing your data you can download an ota backup utility and back up your data to a memory card

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-18-09 09:54 AM
    Yeah, I've actually tried it on two different laptops and different ports on it.

What's the OTA backup utility? I don't have a memory card for the phone either. It isn't as much the data that I'm worried about, it's the applications and settings that I have. I have a bunch (thanks to this place!).
    06-18-09 09:59 AM
    I do have a wall charger. That is also intermittent on it charging. I've used three different wall chargers and having the problem.

Is it fixable? I don't want to swap out my phone as I've gotten it to where I like it.
    Sounds like a bad connector on the phone. Use the Desktop Manager and do a backup then, depending on your account, get it repaired or replaced.
    06-18-09 10:01 AM
    Sounds like a bad connector on the phone. Use the Desktop Manager and do a backup then, depending on your account, get it repaired or replaced.
    But the problem is that she can't quite get it connected

And yeah maybe its best if you did it the old fashioned way and wrote the list of apps you have on a piece of paper so if you get it rewpaired or replaced, you will know what to install

06-18-09 10:04 AM
    But the problem is that she can't quite get it connected

And yeah maybe its best if you did it the old fashioned way and wrote the list of apps you have on a piece of paper so if you get it rewpaired or replaced, you will know what to install

DOH!

Yeah I guess that become a problem huh? lol
    06-18-09 10:05 AM
    Lol! It happens it happens

06-18-09 10:06 AM
    Thanks. I'll go by there this weekend provided I can keep it charged.
    06-18-09 03:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD