Did anyone else notice the Canadian Tire news story has disappeared, even from the BlackBerry page on tmx.com?

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    04-24-13 11:50 PM
    There was a segment about this on CTV News at 6 PM today. Probably at 11 too but I didn't watch it again.
    I do agree with you though. A lot of glass half empty attitudes here. It almost seems that some would be happier if the story was that Canadian Tire is dropping BlackBerry.

Also to some that think they are doing it for Canadian tie reasons... Hogwash. That's not how billion dollar companies operate.

Posted using CB10 via BB10 on a BB Z10
    I sincerely hope you are not referring to Canadian media...
    Outside of Apple releases, BB are getting quite a free ride from Canadian media outlets...have hardly heard anything negative at all...
    04-25-13 06:52 PM
    @lipper. BlackBerry is getting it good in the Canadian Press only in comparison to the US media. But still has received plenty of negative press here.

04-26-13 08:08 AM
    @lipper. BlackBerry is getting it good in the Canadian Press only in comparison to the US media. But still has received plenty of negative press here.

I can vouch for that. I read The Toronto Star Business Section. If it is negative BBRY news, It's on page 1. If it is good news, it's delegated to the back page and is usually quite short. They rarely divert from this. In fact once they had an article that was sort of neutral. The 'good news' first half of the article was on page one. The negative ending of the same article was continued on the back page. The funny part? The headline on the first page was fire and brimstone and the head line on the back page was neutral. So for those just scanning the headlines it looked worse than the news actually was. They recently had an article about AAPL falling stock in recent months. Surprised. They had another article right next to it talking about the recent gain. I don't get it.
    04-26-13 08:29 AM
    I sincerely hope you are not referring to Canadian media...
    Outside of Apple releases, BB are getting quite a free ride from Canadian media outlets...have hardly heard anything negative at all...
    Completely misunderstood my reply to Fservino.
    - I pointed out that the Canadian Tire purchase IS in the news
    - I was indicating that many members have a glass half empty attitude, even with positive news
    - I pointed out that companies the size of Canadian Tire don't choose a brand like BB simply out of loyalty. They look at many factors and choose what's best for their own company. Not because they are both big Canadian companies.
    04-26-13 10:14 AM
30 12