In Canada's federal registry of lobbyists, BlackBerry recorded several communications last month with officials from Moore's department, as well as from Prime Minister Stephen Harper's office.

"Through my department, they met with officials, and I think they explored a number of the questions that were on the horizon, but I think the issues that BlackBerry was approaching us with a month ago (were) very different than the news that came out (Wednesday)," Moore told reporters in Oakville, Ontario.

Canada hopes BlackBerry can make it on its own: minister - Yahoo Finance Canada

Who really knows anything? This silence from BlackBerry is killing me.
    Last edited by 40blind40; 09-19-13 at 03:43 PM. Reason: title change
    09-19-13 03:11 PM
    It just proves, that recent "news" are just rumors.
    FSeverino likes this.
    09-19-13 03:29 PM
    to be honest, I don't understand the title of this thread...
    Do you have a question ?
    09-19-13 03:30 PM
    to be honest, I don't understand the title of this thread...
    My title refers to the quote given by the Minister, hope this helps!!!!
    09-19-13 03:37 PM
    Who really knows anything? This silence from BlackBerry is killing me.
    I do not expect them to say anything though the silence out of Waterloo is rather loud. I would rather they do due diligence and keep their cards close to the vest than issue a series of "updates" that serve only to further fuel ongoing (mostly negative) speculation. With the sharks seemingly smelling blood, there is enough of that already!. I am sure when there is something firm to announce, we will hear about it.

Having said that, I have a feeling that reports of BlackBerry's imminent demise are greatly exaggerated. This is a company that is in the throes of restructuring and the subsequent pains are evident but I believe out of this will come a leaner, meaner, and revitalized niche company.
    09-19-13 03:38 PM
    hope this helps!!!!
    Well .. still doesn't help me to understand your title ...

The news reported Wednesday is in the paragraph following the quote ..
    ie."The Wall Street Journal reported on Wednesday that the company could cut up to 40 percent of its staff by the end of the year."
    Last edited by Briard; 09-19-13 at 03:56 PM. Reason: put the rumor in BOLD
    09-19-13 03:41 PM