BlackBerry Balance sounds like a pretty decent feature. I have no idea how well it works. There is going to be advantages for each side of the byod debate, whats important is the company is able to support whatever choice a business is going to make i guess.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-13 09:17 AM
    LinkedIn reference was only to show other ways you could be tracked down, so the need for your own number to move from employer to employer is not really necessary.

The taxable comment was in reference to the fact that at least 1 of the 2 banks mentioned in that article will NOT provide allowance or cover the cost of the phone. I know of another bank not mentioned in the article that also doesn't pay or offer allowances for BYOD. So, my comment was relevant to those BYOD policies. So as an example: I get paid $2.00. At a 50% tax rate, leaves me with $1 of after tax income. I use that $1 to buy my phone. I cannot deduct or get credit because there are no clear taxation rules for BYOD by CRA (our version of the IRS) on how much is business or personal use. I use that phone to help me generate new income which is then taxable. That's expensive to the employee.

Alternatively, I get a free company issued device. I don't pay for it at all. Simple.

In this example, with the bank's current BYOD policy, there is no financial motivation for the employee to BYOD, but a lot of motivation for the bank/employer to encourage employees to do it.

Posted via CB10 on Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.1055

.................ok, back to my original point. I like BYOD because I keep my number. anyone else? LOL
    12-04-13 09:50 AM
    LinkedIn reference was only to show other ways you could be tracked down, so the need for your own number to move from employer to employer is not really necessary.
    I do work in a sector where employees are prohibited from being on linkedin or indeed even acknowledging their role - so that would be a bust for me as ever serious bit of business starts with face-to-face interaction.
    12-04-13 09:57 AM
    I do work in a sector where employees are prohibited from being on linkedin or indeed even acknowledging their role - so that would be a bust for me as ever serious bit of business starts with face-to-face interaction.
    Yet working for a terrorist organisation or government doesn't keep people from cashing in on the contents those little yellow envelopes left for you.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    12-04-13 11:03 AM
    Yay...

It is insane how stupid some companies (and people) can be. Instead of doing whatever the media tells you to, you should look at the actual device/company to see what the advantages/disadvantages are.
    People are lazy, that will rarely happen.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-13 11:27 AM
    You...know I was joking, right?

Yeah...you probably do.

Posted via CB10. Join C001A8DC6 for bento-inspired lunch ideas
    My bad. You caught me. LOL
    anon(5624621) likes this.
    12-04-13 03:20 PM
    I've banked with BMO for 20 years. They have about a 3:1 ratio of morons:competent workers.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-13 03:42 PM
    As a business person myself I can understand why companies no longer want to invest in Blackberry.

When you as a company are making a capital investment in hardware, software or any tech product, this first thing I look at is the long term stability of the company I am buying the product from?

Is the service going to be there if myself or my employees have an issue?

How about product warranty support?

How about future software and tech support for the product I am buying?

Price and value? Is the product competitive with other products in the same price range?

These are all valid basic questions any smart business is going to be asking and I am sorry to say that at the current moment based on what I have seen. Blackberry would not be my choice in the current market as it stands today.

Samsung, Apple and Microsoft have all proven themselves that they will be here for the long haul.

Until something very positive comes out of the Blackberry HQ in the near future, I am afraid it's not going to improve any time soon folks. Just my thoughts.

Sent using the CB app from my iPhone 5
    techvisor likes this.
    12-04-13 03:45 PM
    I've banked with BMO for 20 years. They have about a 3:1 ratio of morons:competent workers.

Posted via CB10
    Why haven't you switched ?

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1803
    12-04-13 10:02 PM
34 12