the low Canadian exchange rate has raised the cost of purchase US products much more expensive.

Has any canuck here think twice about buying BB accessories? I feel the pain when the bill come to me.
    03-01-09 11:11 PM
    I don't usually buy stuff off US sites cause the exchange rate makes it cost a whole bunch more. Not to mention that for many places, shipping to Canada is ridiculous (doesn't REALLY cost that much more, but they sure charge it!). I mean, to order ANYTHING from the CBStore, it costs over $40USD just to ship it here. ...! I will never buy anything at that rate....
    Last edited by Reed McLay; 03-02-09 at 01:06 PM. Reason: Language, keep it family friendly
    03-02-09 12:48 PM
    The Canadian $ has been valued at a fraction of the US $ since the mid '70's. It has only been the past couple years that it is valued near par, but that changed big time when the banks melted down.

Now, It's about right. Sure it cost us more to buy products in American $, but it balances our labour productivity and keeps us competitive in the World.

I took advantage of the near parity when I bought my first Curve. Great investment, it is now worth more, in Canadian $, then I paid for it.
    03-02-09 01:11 PM
    I just bought a hockey jersey from a store in Canada and was MAJORLY helped by the exchange rate. The dollar cost was actually the same, but with the soft CA dollar I saved 30 bucks. Just had to wait on Canada Post & USPS combined (plus US Customs I'm sure too).
    03-02-09 01:25 PM
    Yeah, business wise we export a lot. Lower exchange is good for this. Personally, for buying stuff, it blows lol
    03-02-09 01:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD