Canadian gov't will start snooping on blackberry users in Canada. I hope you guys don't discuss anything naughty on Blackberry. you are being watch by BIG BROTHER.

Would Bill C-285 outlaw BlackBerry in Canada? > Network and Management Planning > Communications Infrastructure
    03-28-09 10:58 AM
    That's BS man. Hope they don't do that in America but they prob will.

America home of the free ?? Think again

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-28-09 11:54 AM
    And as we all know...the road to **** is paved with good intentions. First, they will claim that this is intended to catch the criminals (who apparently get away with the crimes any way if they have enough wealth) and then it will be like the warrantless wiretapping program, where they feel if there is such a imminent security risk, that they do not need some type of legal document to back of them snooping through your data. Being that RIM is based out of Canada, who knows if they won't look at other users information from other countries.
    03-28-09 11:56 AM
    If this passes, RIM would have to relocate their operations. If they didn't, it would mean the end of their business. The US would be the winner as they would most certainly reincorporate in the US.......
    03-28-09 12:00 PM
    That's BS man. Hope they don't do that in America but they prob will.

America home of the free ?? Think again

That article has absolutely nothing to do with America, so what are you talking about?
    03-28-09 12:00 PM
    I don't think this bill has a prayer of passing this year, without a coalition of the opposition - not impossible ... just not probable.

But, if / when Liberal regains control - with enough NDP and BQ support - watch out.

Meantime, I agree with the post that suggests RIM may want to come up with contingency plans for relocation ... but to where? The U.S.? Probably not a plan that provides much predictability these days; may be frying pan into fire.
    03-28-09 12:41 PM
    Canadian gov't will start snooping on blackberry users in Canada. I hope you guys don't discuss anything naughty on Blackberry. you are being watch by BIG BROTHER.

Would Bill C-285 outlaw BlackBerry in Canada? > Network and Management Planning > Communications Infrastructure

Did you read the article? Your thread title and post are misleading. The bill has not yet been passed.
    03-28-09 12:50 PM
    Shhh big brother is listening.

03-28-09 01:12 PM
    Sounds like time to put on my tinfoil hat...
    03-28-09 01:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD